Chapter 9-The Bionic 500

A tired and sleepy Aspen walked down the stairs of the Davenport house. A sleepy and tired Aspen wasn't a happy Aspen, and you didn't want to be in her way while she was that way. It also didn't help that Adam had to sleep in his capsule so his bionics didn't glitch. Leo followed behind Aspen while Adam, Bree, and Chase came up from the lab. 

Bree opened the door to find the neighbor doing wheelies around the block, "Ugh, this new neighbor had got to go." 

"Why does he keep racing his car up and down the street every night?" Chase asked as Aspen wrapped her arms around Adam's waist, laying her head on his chest. 

"Oh! I know this one!" Adam said, "To get to the other side!"

"That's not what he meant, baby." Aspen looked up at her boyfriend. 

"He clearly has no respect for my beauty sleep. It takes eight hours to look this good! Ten, if you want that Leo glow." Leo said, smiling. 

"You need more than eight to ten hours of beauty sleep." Aspen said.

Donald came down, dressed in white cheetah print pajamas, and an eye mask on his head, "I can't believe that I have to wake up to this!" He exclaimed. 

"I can't believe I have to wake up to that." Leo said, eyeing Donald's clothes.

"This is Italian silk. A cheetah wishes he looked this good." Donald explained.

"At least we know that a cheetah would have the decency to cover that up with a robe." Aspen said, pulling out of Adam's embrace.

Donald rolled his eyes eyes at her and went over to the door and the teens followed, "HEY PIERCE!" Donald yelled, "Get your car off my lawn!" Donald turned back to the others, "Let's see how he likes my new high-pressure sprinkler system." 

Donald pressed a bunch of buttons on a remote and once the sprinklers started working, Pierce was stuck in the mud. They all began to laugh until the neighbor got free, covering Donald with mud. Everyone went back inside. Bree and Chase went back to the lab, Aspen pulled Adam up the stairs with her because him running his fingers threw her hair would make her fall back to sleep, and Leo went to his room. 

********

Leo was missing the next morning, not that it mattered to Aspen. After last night, Aspen didn't want to go to school, but she knew that she had to. Adam drove her car with Chase and Bree in the back and left to go to the bathroom before the first bell rang. 

Walking into the school, they saw Leo standing in line for a new locker. Aspen had gotten hers yesterday thanks to bribing Perry so she could have a locker next to Adam.

"Leo?" Chase asked as they walked over to him, "How'd you get to be first in line for locker reassignments?"

"Since I couldn't get any sleep, I've been here since dawn." Leo explained, "FYI, you do not want to see the lunch ladies without their makeup." 

"Wait, they wear makeup?" Bree asked, taken back. Leo nodded slowly and Adam walked behind them. 

"But since I'm first in line, I'll finally get the corner locker." Leo told them. 

"Wait a second, I though this was the line for lice check." Adam frowned before kissing Aspen and walking away. 

"I love you!" Aspen called after him. 

"I love you too!" 

"There she is: Locker 106. Away from the traffic, near the cheerleaders, and I get to see Principal Perry before anyone else. And a two second head start can save a life." Leo explained.