Chapter 2

Rainbow Dash arrived at Rarity's boutique. Rarity had been hard at work on the dress Rainbow Dash had requested for going on 3 weeks. Applejack complained about this wait being excessive, wanting to just get the whole thing over with, but she wasn't in the position to make demands of Rainbow Dash. And Rainbow Dash wanted to wait until the dress was finished. Everything had to be perfect because she wouldn't get a chance like this again.

     Rainbow Dash knocked on the door of the small shop. It was a small white shop that was connected to the other buildings on the block. A sign on the door read Unique Boutique in white overly fancy letters, and a window out front showcased some of Rarity's designs. The curtain behind the window was closed, as was often the case when Rarity was working on new designs and didn't want prying eyes on her while she worked.

     The shop itself was technically owned by the local community college, as a place to showcase the work of local artists and help them land bigger jobs. At the moment though Rarity was by far the most prolific of the artists that used the space, so it basically belonged to her.

Rainbow Dash could hear Rarity shuffle to the door and unlock it.

"Rainbow Dash!" Rarity exclaimed happily. "Thank you for coming by again. I'm just putting the final touches on your dress," Rarity said as she invited Rainbow Dash in, quickly closing the door behind them.

"I've got to say," Rarity began as the two made their way to the back room. "This was a very ... unique project."

"Yeah yeah," Rainbow Dash said flustered. "I just want to go all out since I hardly ever win these things."

"Sure," Rarity said in disbelief.

"Is it done or what!" Rainbow Dash said trying to move the conversation along.

"Yes, I had just finished it a few hours ago" Rarity said annoyed at Rainbow Dash's tone. She opened the door to the design room and walked in.

"Sunset!" Rainbow Dash said in shock. True to her exclamation Sunset Shimmer stood in the center of the room, modeling the dress Rainbow Dash had requested.

"What? I model for Rarity some times," Sunset explained. "Even if I don't agree with why she's doing it, it's still nice to help out a friend."

     The dress that Sunset was wearing, the one meant for Applejack later, was extremely childish. The dress was pink, the chest adorned with multicolored circles featuring several cutely drawn animals. The sleeves were puffy and white, the edges trimmed with pink and adorned with a yellow bow and they didn't extend far past the shoulder. The dress cinched a few inches above Sunset's waist where it fanned out into the skirt. The "waistline" was decorated with a pink bow in the center. The skirt was yellow for most of the length, the last half an inch was taken up by white and it was trimmed with pink similar to the sleeves. As Sunset turned around Rainbow Dash noticed that the skirt rode up into the waistline in the back in a v-shape, creating a peek-a-boo style skirt that gave an easy view to the matching diaper cover.

     The diaper cover matched the colors of the dress. It was pink, with yellow ruffles in the rear and white frills around the leg holes.