Part 7

Me and Sean walked along the side of the road, he had insisted that they didnt run and save their energy.

"So what's so important about this James guy?" Sean asked, I shrugged.

"Well, he's my brother for one." I started. Sean stopped walking and looked at me.

"Seriously?" He asked, I nodded, he was quiet for a while, probably thinking. "Did Ben know? I mean, they've been friends for a while." I didnt like talking about Ben, with how upset I was with him, but Sean deserved to know.

"Yeah, he knew, for at least a year, and he never told me." I said quietly, Sean hugged me, it actually helped, Sean gave me that same happy feeling Josh did.

That same feeling Josh did.

The sentence repeated in my head for a while as we continued to walk. It was almost pitch black outside already. Sean was a best friend, I didnt like him as a boyfriend.

I didnt like either of them as boyfriends. Sean was a best friend, and Ben was keeping secrets from me.

I saw my dad's car drive up, thank goodness.

"I got worried, you two ok?" He stuck his head out the car window and asked.

"Yeah, we're fine, someone stole Sean's bike and my phone was dead, he doenst have his phone on him." I explained. I got in the front seat of the car and Sean sat in the back.

"What're you going to do about your bike?" Dad asked, he looked in the Rearview mirror at Sean.

"Buy a new one I guess." He said sadly, I could tell he was trying to sound stronger about he subject than he actually was.

"I'll see if I can pitch in a bit, knowing your dad he wont get you a new one. The Lodge is doing well and it's about to get even better, we can afford to help get a valued worker a new bike so he can get to and from work." My dad said, I looked at the backseat with a smile.

"You dont have to do that. . . But thank you." Sean said upon seeing my face that practically screamed 'ACCEPT'.

"Never a problem." Dad said, I smiled and put my head on my dad's shoulder gently so he could still drive just to show a little thanks. I plugged my car phone charger in and hooked up my phone.

Hey, you ok? You need me to pick you two up? It's getting late. ~ Dad

Skye? ~ Dad

Hey, Skye, can we talk? I need to explain. ~ Ben

Look, I'm sorry I never told you, but I couldnt. We need to talk, I have to explain it to you. ~ Ben

Six missed calls, four from Ben and two from Dad.

I showed Sean the messages from Ben. He nodded towards my dad, a way of telling me he didnt really feel like it was wise to mention my brother in front of him yet.

We pulled up to the lodge and I kissed my dad's cheek, thanking him for the ride and me and Sean went for a little walk to the tree.

"You should talk to him. While I dont agree with what he did, he's still my friend, and he's still your friend. There might be a good explanation." Sean said when we were away from all the people of the Lodge.

"I know, I want to trust him. But I havent exactly told you the whole story. It's a little bit harder to talk to him than you know." I said, my phone buzzed, I sighed and turned it on.

I know you're mad at me, but I meant what I said, while you might not like me at all right now, I'll always- ~ Ben

I turned my phone off before Sean could read the rest of the text and sighed. He could read faster than I could.