Part 6

I looked at the two boys for a moment. Surprise left me silent for quite a while. Then I looked at Ben.

"You knew!? And you never told me!?" I yelled, Ben didn't respond.

"I and he have known each other for a while, and yeah, he knew. I contacted him when I saw you on TV and we did a few things." I shook my head at him and walked towards the trap door, I stood on the platform and tugged on the rope, the platform launched up, I looked down to see Ben looking up at me and James come out behind him. I bent down slightly so I wouldn't hit my head on the ceiling.

I pulled myself up and shut the trap door behind me. Couldn't mom have mentioned I had a brother in the letter? Couldn't my dad have mentioned it? Ben couldn't have mentioned it!? I sat on the grass with tears rolling down my cheeks. I video called Josh. I didn't know what else to do.

"Hey-wait, you're crying. What's wrong?" He asked instantly. I wiped my eyes and tried to talk.

"I change my mind, Ben kept a secret from me, and it wasn't a small one, we'll need to talk in person, it's a pretty big one. Meet at the tree." I said. Josh nodded and turned off his phone. I walked towards the tree, Ben and James were probably coming up right behind me, I wanted to get away before they caught up. The thought put a bit more of a beat in my step. I got my phone out once more.

To Sean ~ If you're still up for it, we can still do the flyers later today, my entire schedule for the evening just cleared up. ~ Skye

Sure, I'd love to, just after I finish up this work with your dad. I canceled the interview with my dad already, he said he saw it coming and set another one up for next week. Anyways, we can talk about that later. ~ Sean

Ok, see you in about an hour or two. ~ Skye

I put my phone in my pocket and sat down on the bench at the tree, Josh was already there. He hugged me before speaking.

"Ok, what did Ben keep from you?" Josh asked. I felt a fresh wave of tears come on as I recalled the moment.

"I have a brother, and it seemed like he knew. First, he tells me he loves me and then he leaves and the next day I figure out he knew for a year that I had a brother." I fumed, then the tears came on again. I was finally starting to believe that Ben was the one to choose and now I'm back to phase one again. He said he loved me and it obviously wasn't true, not when he kept a secret like that from me.

"You have a brother!? HE TOLD YOU HE LOVED YOU!!!!???? SKYE!!?!?!?!" Josh took a moment to calm down. "I'm sorry. Why didn't your dad at least tell you? I mean, I know your mom couldn't have, but seriously." Josh said. I nodded, there was so much that didn't make sense. I wanted to punch something.

"I don't know, but to keep my mind off it, I'm going to town with Sean to put out flyers for the Games. The games are in two weeks, I'm looking forward to them more now than I was before. They can really help me keep my mind off everything." I said. Josh nodded.

"Have fun with Sean." He said, he hugged me again. We walked through the tunnel to together and talked for an extra minute or two. Then I met Sean, he had his bike and two helmets, we left for town.

The ride there was beautiful, some trees formed an archway above our heads. If there were fairy lights hung from the top and we set up a nice picnic on the side of the road at night, me and Ben would have an amazing time, watching the cars pass every once and a while and just talking about the clues. . . Oh wait, that wasn't going to happen. I was mad at Ben, and he kept something from me for years. . .

"Sean?" I asked, he half looked back at me but kept his eyes mainly on the road so a car didn't hit us.

"Hmm?"

"Do you know anyone named James?" I asked. Sean was quiet for a moment.

"I think he's one of Ben's friends, I met him once, Blonde hair, green eyes, kind of looks like you now that I think about it. But I never really got to know him. He showed up around a year ago now. Ben usually sneaks off to go see how he's doing sometimes, I just know the kid was put in the adoption system at the age of two. Poor guy." Sean said everything he knew about James, which wasn't much, unfortunately, he recalled all the times he'd ever met him, which I concluded were pretty awkward. 

We arrived in town and Sean gave me a nail gun, seriously warning me not to hurt myself with it. We separated and started attaching them to telephone poles and some billboards. It took hours. It was almost dark by the time we finally met up where the bike was supposed to be.

Keyword being Supposed. The bike was gone. Sean was heartbroken, he wouldn't admit it, but he was. He'd have to ask his dad for a new one, and it was a very low chance that he'd actually get it with him wanting Sean to get an actual job. Which we got to talk about on the walk back home. My phone was dead, and Noah had his phone. So we were practically stranded, and it was going to be dark soon . . .