Part 4

"I said I might have chosen, Josh, I didn't say I actually chose. One of them just happened to make it a bit easier." I mumbled when Josh started to freak out. He narrowed his eyes at me. 

"How did they make it easier?" He asked suspiciously. 

"Best friend Joshie promise that this doesn't leave this room," I said, I sat up straight and holding out my hand for him to do the secret handshake. 

"Ohh, this must be a good one. I, Best Friend Joshie Promise to not say anything about what happened outside this room. Unless you eventually give me permission of course." I nodded once and he took my hand, fist bumped it, took it over my head and swapped to my other hand, doing the same thing. 

"Ben kissed me, well sort of, I kind of kissed him too," I said, I leaned back and put my head onto Josh's lap, we always did this when we had problems, we played therapist. I'm so glad he was here and not back in the city yet.  

"Ohhhhh, Skyyyeeee. So not just like a quick kiss and go like Sean right?" He asked, I frowned up at him, but shrugged. 

"I guess not. I mean, I didn't ever actually kiss Sean back." I mumbled, he grinned at me, there was a knock at my door, I sat up while Josh answered the door, it was my dad. 

"Not under the tree? I was headed to my room when I heard you and Josh talking." He said, Josh, stepped out of the room so I and my dad could talk. 

"I decided it was too cold, that and someone went out there and talked some sense into me," I said, glancing at Ben's jacket on my chair. My dad followed my gaze and saw the jacket. He didn't say anything about it at least, and he didn't make a daddy's face. 

"Glad you decided to come in, it is starting to get cold outside, you better pack warm clothing for the games." He said. I nodded and hugged him. 

"I will, goodnight dad," I said softly, I put Josh's stack of papers on his sleeping bag on my couch. 

"Goodnight Skye." He said, he stood and walked to his room. Josh came back in and sat on the couch he was going to be sleeping on. He didn't say anything for a moment, then he grinned and opened his mouth. 

"So, you chose Ben?" Josh asked, my phone buzzed. 

Flyers for the games are done, wanna take my bike into town tomorrow and put them out? ~ Sean 

I looked from Josh to my phone, he grew curious and looked at the text. 

To Sean ~ Sure, id love to. See you in the morning. ~ Skye

Josh narrowed his eyes at me. "You will never,ever make up your mind." He complained. I rolled my eyes and kicked him off my bed. He scrawled into his little couch and went to sleep. I got my phone out one more time. 

To Ben ~ Goodnight ~Skye 

I waited patiently, it said seen instantly, but there was no response, as I turned off my phone, it buzzed twice.

Night ~ Ben 

K, see you tomorrow, GNight. ~ Sean

I put my phone on my nightstand and went to sleep. 

~~~

In the morning, Josh had already woken up and was gone. He was probably out getting more Games things ready. He should be my manager or something, he would do an amazing job at it.

I stood in front of my mirror and brushed my hair. I put in my work clothes and tied Ben's jacket around my waist so I wouldn't forget to give it to him later. I put on just a touch of makeup and I walked downstairs and hugged my dad. 

"Morning." He said, he kissed my forehead. I smiled and nodded. Then I started to work. Noah whistled as he went by me. 

"Nice jacket." He joked as he went by, I subconsciously stuck my tongue out at him, he only smirked. I rolled my eyes and continued to clean off the tables around me. I started to wonder about the secret room that me and Ben found last night. Why would my mom need a room like that when she already had the tunnels?

Maybe people found out about the tunnels and they started to use them and say in them when they wanted to be alone, and soon nobody could be alone down there, so my mother made the underground room? It didn't make sense at all.

Maybe she didn't put it there at all, maybe it was there before she was even here at the Lodge. The Lodge had more mysteries than I thought. There was a whole other story waiting to be uncovered. There was no way I was missing out on this now. 

I continued to clean until the place was spotless, then I snuck back up to my room and changed into some better clothes, work clothes didn't work well with mystery.  I stepped out of my room and ran right into Ben. There was a crashing sound of Metal on metal, he had his tools. 

"Oww. Hey Ben." I said, my hand on my head. 

"Sorry, you ok?" He asked, I nodded. 

"Just fine. Oh, hey, I was going to go to the secret room, wanna come? I wanna see if there's any clues of that room being there before my mom even found it, If my mom even ever found it." I said, he looked around to see if anyone was listening, which I probably should have done, saying that I was the one that didn't want anyone to know about the room. 

"I guess, meet you there." He said, he walked off without saying anything else, he didn't even take his jacket back. I walked down to the tunnels and went through, it was freezing down here, when I reached the tree, it was practically cold enough for it to snow. I put Ben's jacket on and instantly it was warmer, but not warm enough to keep me from shivering. 

I looked at the carving of my name, careful not to touch it. It looked like the E was added to it, as though it had been Sky before, then an E was added to it. I took a mental note of it.

Ben walked up behind me. 

"Wanna go in one by one or together??" He asked. I shrugged, he stepped closer and I ran my fingers over the name. I yelped as the ground under us disappeared again. It was going to take a while to get used to that. We rocketed down the tunnel, this time I got to see everything as my eyes were open. It was just a silver metal tunnel, it was freezing cold, and there was enough room for three or four people to for down at once. Ben had a tight grip around my arm, we were about to slow down. His slammed his work boots down on the floor of the slide and gripped onto me tighter. The pointed at the ceiling, there were words carved into the Metal. 

I reveal myself in the flame

I reread it a few times and then it disappeared. 

"How did you spot that!?" I asked, there was a slight bit of shaking in my voice from how cold the tunnel was. 

"It was repeating itself, they've all disappeared now, but it had been repeating itself for the last minute or so." He responded. 

"Good vision." I said, I hadn't even noticed it. He nodded and lifted his shoes, we rocketed again, I gripped onto is shirt, a little warning next time please. We arrived in the room.