5

"Integrity is a blessing that prevents guilt

"Integrity is a blessing that prevents guilt."

Calypso rolled around uncomfortable with the guilt that grew in the pit of her stomach.  She gives up on trying to be comfortable and arises out of her bed, picking up her phone.

Selecting the voice note app, pressing record "Diary log 74, uhh it's been a while since I've done on of these." Caly huffs falling back onto her bed "To catch you up I've moved back to riverdale and everything is going as fine as it can be."

"The other night I found out my classmate Jason Blossom was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head." Caly pauses trying to choose the right words "Just like him. And the most unnerving fact is that I heard this gunshot aswell. I was out swimming in the lake by the shore and I heard it. I thought I was just hearing things. But I guess I was wrong"

Caly breathes out a laugh "The funny thing is I came back to this town to escape a muderer and I guess I just ran into another one." She clears her throat shuffling awkwardly "End Log 74."

*_*

Lexi was creeping around school acting as if though she was scared of something. "Why are you hiding from your boyfriend again?" Calypso quires whilst casually walking behind her delusional friend.

"Well Reginald was acting like a jerk yesterday. So I've been ignoring him since Cheryl's party." Lexi groans "And what exactly did he do at Cheryl's party?" She carries on questioning.

"He went into the closet with Midge Klump knowing that she is a psychotic bitch that hates my guts." Calypso nods along as her friend continues "And he swears nothing happened in the closet and I believe him."

A look of confusion spread across Caly's face as she asked "Isn't Midge exclusively Moose's unofficial girlfriend. Plus he said nothing happened, and you believe him then why are we hiding?"

"Oh Caly the prize is much sweeter once you earn it" Lexi glimmers. "What prize?" Lexi Pats her friends head as she giggles "I swear Caly your one of the smartest people I know but so naïve when it comes to this stuff."

Lexi began to strut away as Calypso followed behind not before bumping into someone. Calypso nervously laughed as she apologized "Sorry, my fault" she was about to carry on walking till she heard "Don't worry. It's Calypso right." 

Calypso slowly turns around to see the alleged devils' incarnate; Veronica Lodge herself. "The names Cal." She deadpans as she goes to walk away again only for her hand to be grabbed "You used to be friends with Archie and Betty. Right?"

Calypso stops and turns around whilst crossing her arms "Yeah keywords 'used to'. Why does this even concern you?" Veronica fakes a smile as she says "Well Betty seems very distressed on the fact that you haven't spoken to her since your arrival."

"Umm...Okay this has absolutely nothing to do with you and how about you tell Betty not to send her errand girl next time." Cal shakes her head as she walks away once the bell rings.

*_*

"Good morning, students. This is your principal speaking." Mr Weatherbee Stated over the school speakers. "There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally so let me state clearly it is happening as scheduled. Now on a less felicitous note if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller." 

"Most of you already know the details but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as of the weekend Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. It is an open and ongoing investigation." "And may I interject? Neither I nor my parents will rest until Jason's death is avenged and his cold-hearted killer is walking the Green Mile to sit in Old Sparky and Fry. I, for one, have my suspicions. Hashtag 'Riverdale Strong'." Cheryl intervened. 

"If you know anything that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer or anything that happened to him on July 4th I strongly urge you to come forward immediately. You can speak with me or Principal Weatherbee. A death like this wounds us all. Let's not let Jason down." The Sheriff finished.

Calypso walked out of her lesson to Lexi's locker to see her texting. Caly huffs out in fear as she says "Lexi I need to tell you something." "Yeah sure one sec." Lexi hushes her as she carries on typing. 

Calypso grabs Lexi's phone "It's important." "Gimmie back my phone." Lexi demands. "Alexis" Caly warns. Lexi huffs in loss as she grunts "Fine. What is it?" 

"On July 4th I went swimming at four in the morning I was at Sweet Water River till seven-" "What is the moral of  the story?" Lexi interrupts "Just listen. At six I heard a gun shot I think it was the shot that killed Jason."

"What the hell Caly" Lexi screamed in a hushed tone. "Don't tell me, tell the cops." "Yeah but don't you think it would be a little suspicious that I just randomly called in saying I heard a gunshot at 6 in the morning two months ago on the day that someone was murdered."

"You can call in anonymously." Lexi urges "We live in a pretty small town Lex people talk." "Talk about what?" The girls turned around to see Jughead with a questionable look.

*_* 

Lexi and Calypso sat in class texting each other so no one could hear their conversation, like the incident in the hall way, which wasn't very difficult considering the teacher wasn't even in the room yet. 

"Seats, everyone. Pair off, gloves on, scalpels up." The teacher states whilst pacing into the class room and rummaging through his bag. "Can I be with Cheryl?" Archie calls out "And I wanna be with Betty" Veronica shouts out.

Betyt looks uncertain as she says "Oh, uh, I was thinking I'd partner with Kevin". Moose walks up to there table and states "Actually, uh, Keller's with me. We, like, talked". Kevin turns to Betty as he says "Oh, God."

Kevin gets up and moves next to Moose whilst Veronica moved next to Betty.

Calypso throws her phone onto the table being done with her conversation. She places the gloves on her hands as she opens up the packet for the scalpel as she begins to cut into the frog whilst Lexi just squealed in horror.

"What if that frog was Kermits cousin?"

*_*

Calypso dropped her lunch on the table as she huffed out. "I give up, I'll tell Weatherbee tomorrow." Lexi smiles in victory as she turns back to her phone. Caly looks off in the distance to see Betty running into school with tears running down her face.

"One minute." She mumbled to Lexi as she ran into school. 

Calypso looked round school till she finally found Betty in the girls bathroom. "Hey Betty" Cal mumbled as she heard Betty crying in the toilets "What do you want Caly?" Betty coughs out.

"Look I'm really not in the mood for this just tell me what's wrong so we can fix it and go back to awkward stares in the hallway" Calypso groans. Betty sniffles as she says "It's... It's Archie I have liked him for as long as I can remember and then you guys started dating and I realized he favored you over me and then when you left everything was going well until Veronica showed up and when she went into that closet with Archie I knew for certain I wasn't good enough." She ranted breaking into a fit of tears.

Calypso frowned as she forced "Look Betty you can't make a man love you because they're all stupid. You should be happy with what you've got. I mean come on you have a great group of friends and maybe all you need now are friends."

Betty sniffs again as Caly says "I don't know what to say to make this better cause there are no words."