2 - Taken

2 - Taken

I went to the changing rooms, where I could suit up. I guess it isn't really a suit that I choose to wear. I change into a black tank top and black shorts with tights underneath and yes more black. To top it off I sport a leather jacket, which you must have guessed by now is black. I pull on a pair of boots and make my way to the room where the weapons are kept.

I flicked through the case file, it turns out the tesseract is a powerful energy source that came from my home world Asgard. But it was lost during the Second World War and now remnants of HYDRA are trying to find it. And my job is to stop them from doing so.

"Hey Clint, Natasha, Silas." I said greeting them as I entered the weapons room.

"Hey." They replied.

"So, where are we actually headed?" I asked searching for my blades.

"It's rumoured they are hiding in a small antique bookstore downtown." Natasha replied whilst putting her gun into the holster.

"We best get going then." I said putting two steel knives into the sheaths attached to the inside of my boots.

"Ladies first." Clint said opening the door.

"Come on Silas, after you." I said chuckling.

"Always the comedian." Silas said rolling his eyes at me.

We left the building out the back and got into one of the SUV's. Silas was the driver, as he was most careful. Natasha was in the front, guns locked and loaded. Then there's me and Barton in the back. It was a quiet drive to the mission location. I never did like talking on the way to a mission. Natasha and Silas were chatting away with Clint joining in on the conversation. And there's me sat here staring out of the window watching the world go by.

The windows were open as usual seeing as Silas has to have them open at all times and won't even shut mine because I quote 'it unbalances the amount wind passing through my hair.' Yes my older brother who is a Traveller, half Kinetic and trained assassin needs to have a balanced amount of air passing through his hair whilst driving. Another one of his defences was that whoever drives decides.

It wasn't even the air that bothered me it was just it added to the noise. I could hear more thoughts from the people outside and it drives me crazy because it isn't something I can just switch off. The casual normal thoughts just fly around like a low buzz of a bee. But then there's other thoughts that scream louder than the rest. Ones of murder, ones of contemplating suicide and the most broken damaged thoughts that scare me the most.

"Hey daydreamer, we're here." Clint said nudging me.

"Oh right, sorry." I replied getting out of the car.

"Sila you go in first and I'll follow in front of Romanoff and Barton. You do your mind scape and tell us where they are."

"Got it, Silas."

I pushed open the door to the ancient bookstore. It looks like it hasn't had any visitors for years. I turn around to check if they were behind me. Natasha and Silas had their guns locked and loaded ready for the target. Clint had his bow and arrow poised scanning the area. It was now my turn to do my mind scape.

A mind scape is where I would listen out for any nearby thoughts and detect where they are coming from. I closed my eyes focusing in on any snippet of thought coming from within the bookstore. There was a low humming of thoughts coming from the left hand side of the room. I edged closer but still remaining hidden behind one of the cases. The humming soon became words and the words were coming from the third bookcase on left.

"Natasha, the third book case on your left go!" I yelled as the shots began to fire.

"I'm on it." She replied firing away.

Clint managed to get the three other shooters. I made my way to the front desk jumping over the side. My telekinetic abilities acted automatically placing the blade from my right boot into my hand.

Silas cover me into to the back office.

Already on it Sila, now get outta my head.

Already on it brother.

I slowly pushed open the door of the office. I had my dagger in hand ready as I entered the ransacked office, someone was clearly looking for something. The room was empty no one was insight, but I could hear a faint humming if thoughts. Suddenly I felt someone grab me from behind. I automatically tried to stab them back but I dropped the blade.

"Silas! Now would be a good time!" I yelled looking around for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. I felt a sharp prick to my neck and I was dropped to the ground. I yelped in pain. I had been injected with something. I could feel myself slowly slipping away as I was dragged out by arms.

Faint gun shots went off and the yelling of Agent Barton and Romanoff was the last thing I heard.

A/N

So I hope you like what there is so far. It gets interesting now as in the next few chapters it will slowly move into the end of The Winter Soldier film. Just to clarify all that is happening now is before The First Avenger, so it's before Steve is found to be alive.

Comment and let me know what you think! :)