Chapter 22: Befriend Me (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

“So I heard you had a dream about me,” Jed grinned cockily at her.

“She told you?!”

He chuckled, “Why wouldn’t she? It’s okay, though. But don’t get all stalker-y on me.”

Ami rolled her eyes, “Of course not. It’s not even my fault I had that dream. Do you think I could control demigod dreams?”

“Do you want to get some breakfast?” he asked.

“I already ate…though, I want a little snack.”

He nodded and grabbed her hand. Just his touch sent tingles and sparks through Ami. She wanted to remove her hand from his to keep her from turning scarlet but at the same time, she wanted to melt into his touch and never let go. She decided to just let it stay so they walked hands locked together to the dining hall.

Jed led her to their usual table and Ami’s eye caught Matt’s. She gave him a small smile before sitting down beside Jed. She felt a little uncomfortable sitting beside him, so she looked everywhere but her crush.

She scanned the table: There was Philip Chandler, a son of Neptune, Barrett Dillon, son of Mars, Terry Ryer, daughter of Poseidon, Geena Leavitt, daughter of Athena, Ashton Harper, she recognized him as Jed’s best friend and the son of Ares, there was Matt, of course and lastly, Emerald Parker, the daughter of Pluto.

None of them are exactly close to Ami, except for Matt and – perhaps – Jed. The demigods were talking about something whilst Ami sat there quietly.

She felt Jed nudge her, “Are you okay?”

She nodded, “I’m fine. Just….spacing out.”

“Do you know where Clarence is? I really need to see and talk to her,” Ami asked, her blue eyes boring into Jed’s green ones.

Jed replied, “I can take you to her after this. She must be in our cabin…”

Her eyebrows furrowed, “Your cabin?”

“Yeah, she stays with Ash and I. She said she can’t risk anyone else knowing about her secret.”

Ami was more confused. She felt like she missed something really big that happened between Ash, Jed and Clarence. She tried to persuade Jed to take her right away, “Can we please go now?”

Thankfully, he said ‘yes’ so they left the table and walked towards the cabin. When they reached the attic, they found Clarence in the attic, drinking her favorite coffee.

“She needs to talk to you,” His cousin said to Clarence.

Clarence made a fake pouty face, “You’re done with your date already?”

“We did not have date, Clarence. But you have some explaining to do, young lady!” Ami hissed.

Her best friend rolled her eyes, “Alright, Amelia.”

Ami gestured for Jed leave and then she sat on Clarence’s bed. She did her best to glare daggers at her, but Clarence took no notice in it. She was busy finishing her coffee, licking her lips after every sip.

“Ahem,” Ami said. Clarence looked up at her, smiling ‘innocently’.

“What the hell, Clarence?! You told me you didn’t want to go here and then the day I come here, I see you!”

Clarence sighed and put the cup down. She started explaining, “On the night of the last day of school, Selene came into the forest. We had large argument and she told me I should go to the camp. I didn’t go…I didn’t want to. Finally, I got fed up and sent an army of stars towards Selene. She went away, and I just had to tell Ash and Jed the whole story. After that, they left me alone and Halliope came to me and convinced me to go here.”