Chapter 9: Teach Me

~Chapter 9~

Clarence

Her eyes fluttered open, recognizing the peach color of her room’s ceiling. She sat up from her soft and comfy bed, blinking her eyes. Yesterday’s events flooded in Clarence’s mind. Lindy told her all about how she was born and how Artemis fell in love with her dad. Of course, Clarence had to accept all this now. That she was a demigod. A special demigod. A one of a kind.

Clarence swung her legs at the edge of the bed and put her feet on the floor. Like the usual, she lazily dragged herself out of bed and went for the bathroom. The bathroom was just as exquisite and sophisticated as the rest of her new home. A bathtub with a TV – thought she wouldn’t use the appliance because of her grandmother’s warning - , a shower area, a fancy toilet and a sink. It was nothing compared to her school.

She stripped out of her clothes and stepped in the shower. After a warm relaxing bath, she changed into a red lace shirt and some skinny jeans plus some flats she borrowed from Ami. She went out of the bathroom then checked herself in the full length mirror. She didn’t expect her appearance to stay the same as yesterday. The makeup was worn out, but there was still her hair and face. The girl ran a hand on her soft curly straight-ish dark brown hair. She noticed she had the same bright blue eyes as Artemis and Apollo, and also her features had quite a similarity to her mother’s.

Lindy was right when she told her that her hair wouldn’t curl back to its past form and she wouldn’t need those glasses and braces. She was already radiating of Artemis beauty, and it’s going to stay that way. This was her true skin. This is how a daughter of Artemis would look like.

Clarence ran a brush through her hair then went out of her room. The living room was already filled with the smell of breakfast. The girl’s mouth watered as she tried to tame her grumbling stomach. She’s never lived this kind of luxury.

“Oh, Clarence, you’re up.” Lindy glanced up from her phone once Clarence reached the kitchen, “Take a seat,”

Her granddaughter obeyed, and sat on one of the chairs by the table. Lindy set a plate of scrambled eggs and sausages in front of her, and a steaming cup of coffee. Clarence immediately took her utensils and dug into the food.

“So how was your sleep?” Lindy asked.

Clarence shrugged in response, “It’s fine. No demigod nightmares.”

Lindy flashed one of her award winning smiles. Those smiles never failed to comfort her, “That’s great honey. I’m sure you’ll enjoy your stay here.”

“Wouldn’t it be dangerous? I mean, won’t the monsters come after me? And what about school?” Clarence asked out of curiosity.

“You’re going to fine, Clarence. No monsters will come…at least not yet. As for school, you won’t be going back to Eastern just yet.” Lindy assured her. Clarence breathed a sigh of relief. She didn’t know how she would face Ash and Jed, the two demigods of the school. And she also couldn’t help worrying about Merilda.

“So what do I do here?” she asked.

The woman answered, “Ami and I will be teaching you as much as we could about demigods and their lives, and also more of Greek Mythology. I’m going to be busy handling the company, so mostly you’ll be with Ami.”

Clarence had no problem about this at all. Yesterday, Ami and she got along pretty well. At first, Clarence suspected she was just like the other girls who just cared about makeup, shopping, appearances and guys. Like Merilda. But she was wrong. Ami was nice to her, even enthusiastic to hear about her life. Clarence promised her she would tell her about it today. She also learned that Ami was a daughter of Jupiter, one of the Roman big three.