CHAPTER 66: Did I?

Start from the beginning

He looked at his eyes in the mirror. "I'm right, aren't I? I didn't do anything wrong, did I?"

He heaved an exhale and smiled at his reflection. "That's right. I did well. Fujioka Ryouko got what she deserved. And if she want to beat me up for it, she doesn't have the right to do so. I'll simply run away until she forgets about it. After all, I'm guiltless."

With that final conclusion, he fell onto his back and closed his eyes, getting ready for a good rest. But as he remembered the warmth of Ryouko's skin on his lips, his eyelids kept on springing open.

He always pinched her cheeks to tease her about her baby fats so he knew how soft they were. And just how smooth they felt. And just how warm... But certainly not how fragrant. And how sweet. Like cherries.

Ryoma pressed the back of his hand on his lips. "I didn't do anything wrong there..." He thought.

"Did I?"

~~~

Ryouko was still fuming when she entered the room she shared with An. She almost slammed the door shut but caught it just in time. "That stupid, shameless, pathetic, intolerable blockhead!" She hissed between gritted teeth. She crammed the paper bag under her bed before checking the time on the clock hanging on the wall.

It was half an hour after 1 o'clock. They had stayed out far too long. She sighed. All of asudden, she felt tired. Putting her anger behind, she yawned, drops of tears forming at the corners of her cat-like eyes. It was not the time to be planning on how to execute Ryoma. She would have a lot of luxury for it tomorrow.

She visited the bathroom for a light wash and flopped down on her bed as soon as she could. Covering herself with the blanket, she closed her eyes. She thought that she could drift to sweet dreamland immediately but it seemed like her brain was still to busy to sleep. "Oh come on..." She sighed in exasperation.

Ryouko had scheduled running exercises with the freshmen at 4:30 am and that was why she dragged Ryoma all the way to the beach. She had to figure out how to get there firsthand of course, but now that she had tried to recall the paths, her mind came up blank. "Oh well. It'll work out fine tomorrow." She kktold herself.

For quite a while, she had been spending what little time she could scrape to formulate the beach training she was so excited to have. She did not have many fond memories of beach-training with her grandpa, which included some vivid visions of herself flopping to the beach headfirst, swallowing a lot of sand. But she have to admit that the agility and power she achieved from that helped her basics a lot. She was quite sure it would have the same effect on the boys. Besides, seeing the sea might cheer them up a bit.

With that last thought, her eyelids began to droop heavily. She let them drop and in a few seconds, Fujioka Ryouko is snoring gently through her pillow.

On the contrary, the girl on the other bed had her eyes wide open. She had been concentrating on heaving her chest up and down, pretending to be asleep. Her back was turned towards Ryouko's bed. "Kore wa daiji na jouhou da. (This is a valuable information.)" She thought, suddenly feeling tingly inside. "They don't seem to be dating yet, but they're getting there. And it looks like Ryouko-san is playing tsundere." She added, remembering her recent mumbling which included a series of insults for Echizen Ryoma because of what he did outside.

Cautiously, she tossed to the other side and had a clear view of Ryouko's sleeping figure. Her face looked peaceful and her cheeks flushed. An was surprised when she saw Ryouko's lips turn up in a light smile. "What is she dreaming about, I wonder?" She asked herself, trying to guess.

"Hontou ni kirei na ko dane... Dare demo kono negao ga horeru wa. Chiisakute, kawaikute, hoho to kuchibiru wa pinku iro de, marude ningyou no youna. Kami mo nagai shi, shinchou mo kawaii shi, kao mo chiisai, koitsu wa hontou ni nikuimubeki na onna no ko da. Seikaku dake wa mondai mitai. (She really is a beautiful child... Anyone would fall for that sleeping face. Petite, cute, her cheeks and lips are pink-colored, just like a doll. Her hair is long too, her height is also cute, her face is small, this one really is a hateful girl. Looks like the only problem is her personality.)" She told herself in a whisper.