XXVII

After getting back from Chicago with Lucas I laid around on the couch while I watched tv with my mom. I finally decided to head to bed and that's when Harry decided he was going to get a hold of me. We talked out the issue and I was still pretty mad he spoke to me that way. He still hasn't told me why he's been acting different but I decided not to ask him again until we're at a more okay place.

We're currently in his kitchen making dinner together. He hasn't really acted too odd since I got here an hour ago but he's been pretty quiet. We decided to make spaghetti with garlic bread. While he stirred the sauce I was making desert which is just cut up pound cake mixed with different berries and cool whip. Once I was done I put the lid on and washed my hands.

"How long till it's ready?" I asked while I dried my hands on a dish towel. "Any minute." He answered. I nodded my head and got the dishes from the cupboard and set them on the table. "What do you think we should see?" I questioned as I sat at the table. We plan on going to the drive in later where they're playing older movies as some sort of special throwback night. "What're the options?" He asked setting the pot of spaghetti sauce on the table. "Footloose and Road House or Jaws and The Exorcist" I answer. "Definitely not The Exorcist." He says immediately. "Okay so Footloose and Road House it is." I say making him sigh. "I wish there was a third option." He says as he sets the pot of noodles on the table next to the pot of sauce.

"What's wrong with the movies we're seeing?" I ask. "Nothing, nothing." He says in a higher pitch than normal while slightly grinning. "You don't like Footloose do you?" He starts making his plate while trying to hide his smile. "I love Footloose." He says to me sounding sarcastic. "You seem like you would love Footloose." I tell him pretending to mean what I say. "What's that suppose to mean?" He asks confused. "I don't know maybe you just have a thing for dance movies." I say. "Name a dance movie I actually like." He challenges with his brows raised. "Dirty dancing. Remember that time at the ice rink.. lover boy?" I smile as I twirl my noodles with my fork knowing I got him. "Everybody loves Dirty Dancing so it doesn't count." He argues hiding a smile with his fork covered with a massive noodle clump.

...

After dinner I clean up while he goes to his bedroom claiming he's too full to help. He used to like doing this with me but it's whatever, maybe he actually is just too full. I know there's been times where I definitely felt too full to help. We have about twenty minutes until we have to leave to make the movies on time so I go join him in his room. I see him laying on his back with his arm resting behind his head looking at his phone so I go to lay with him. I climb on the bed and move close to cuddle up to him and as he realizes I'm doing this he locks his phone and sets it down on his night stand.

"Texting your other girlfriend?" I ask not being serious but he gets too offended and looks at me like I just asked him to kill his family or something. Looking at me with disgust he asks, "What the hell? What kind of question is that?" "One that wasn't serious, why're you so offended? I was joking." I defensively answer. "You just accused me of cheating, why wouldn't I be offended?" He stands to walk out of his room but I grab his forearm before he gets that far. "I was joking, why are you overreacting? Can you please just calm down for a second?" He stands at the edge of the bed looking down at me while I'm sitting on my knees. I run my hands down his arms till I'm holding his hands.

"You're not funny." He says giving into me. I know if things didn't feel so off with him already I'd be flipping out about what just happened but I'm going to try not to let it get to me.

"Says the king of jokes? I must really not be funny." I say trying to lighten the mood. His mouth slowly breaks into a small smile. "Whatever let's get going." He says and leans down to kiss me.

...

Once we get to the car and start driving there's a weird shift in mood again and it feels awkward for some reason. Or maybe slightly tense? Whatever it is, it doesn't feel right. The reason for that is because not even ten minutes after our little thing in the bedroom he started acting distant. I thought we were moving past it but I'm starting to think we haven't.