Lifesaver

Uma's P.O.V.

I was furious at myself. I'd wanted my crew to have a second chance at Auradon, but King Ben absolutely refused to let us! I have to bring the barrier down, for the good of the Isle, but no one understands that. Honestly, people! Traveling down to the dock was bringing back really bad memories.

The barrier had been pushed back after my failed takeover of Auradon and it's been so long since then that I can't remember. My ship was destroyed and I felt a hot surge of rage flow over me as I pressed my right hand against the barrier keeping us in. It sent a flaming shock right through me and I flinched away.

But maybe I could bring it down...

I clenched that same hand into a fist and with all of my might, I slammed it against our prison wall. The pain that shot through me after nearly made me give up on my mission, but as soon as it cleared, I did the same with the other hand. Not even the tiniest crack appeared.

"No!" I shouted, pushing against it more. The agony coming after threatened to sweep me away. What was going to happen to me? Would this kill me? If so, I didn't care. I wanted to die. No one would care. No one cares for me. Not a single person. They all think I'm weak.

It doesn't matter. If anyone cared about me, they'd show it. But it's final. My life is over, literally.

Goodbye, Isle of the Lost.

Mal's P.O.V.

I never thought I'd be going back to the Isle, but here I am. My motorbike zoomed across the lake as fast as I could make it go. It had a special Auradonian power that allowed it to break through the barrier and as it did, I slowed it to a stop on the dock.

Yes, I'm aware that we moved the barrier back but it's for the good of the Isle of the Lost residents. However, I believe we should let Uma, Harry, and Gil have a chance there. I managed to convince Ben of that and since I didn't want to let him come, I came instead.

After I got off my bike though, the ground shook and I nearly fell. Blinking, I stood up straight and looked around, trying to see where it was coming from.

What the hell? UMA?

I can't believe it!

But I was seeing it for myself. Her pirate hat had fallen and her expression was tired and irritated at the same time; I had never seen her like that before. What was even more surprising was that she continuously kept smashing her fists against the barrier, sealing my belief that she would keep trying to bring it down.

She can't be thinking straight though. For her, it's impossible to just break through without the special magic. Is she trying to kill herself?

I turned and took off. I couldn't do this on my own. There was only one person who could stop her from making a mistake as big as this. I had to find Harry Hook.

Harry's P.O.V.

It was a great day. Well, as great as a day could be on the Isle of the Lost, which isn't too much really. It's always cloudy and dry, which doesn't match my mood. Unfortunately, I didn't know that I would be in for a very big surprise soon enough.

I was just having some fun with Gil in Ursula's Fish-and-Chips, which is really the only place he goes these days. It's a bit dangerous, but it doesn't matter; we're fine. I'm a bit worried that Ursula will take her wrath out on her, but we'll be fine; I can fight tentacles.

All of a sudden, I spotted Mal bursting in, panting heavily as she ran up to me. I narrowed my eyes. What was she doing here?

"Harry!" she gasped out. "Uma... needs... your... help... trying... to break... the barrier."