Always The Hard Way

"Harry, please-"

"Go away, Uma. It was your fault we lost; you should have kept fighting!"

"But Ben-"

"I don't want to hear about anything how the prince of Auradon convinced you that taking over his beautiful land was a bad idea. We had a plan. You're a pitiful captain."

"No I'm not..."

"Don't speak to me again." Harry glared at Uma and she reeled back, eyes wide.

He's never spoken to me like that before. I thought he loved me!

It was true; Harry had confessed his love for her shortly before they had left for Auradon the first time and she'd never seen him so angry. Similar thoughts raced through her mind as she irritably walked into her mother's fish-and-chips club. 

Surprisingly, save for her first mate, her whole crew, including Gil, was lounging in the main room of it. As Uma entered, they turned in sync to face her. Gil stepped forward toward her and all the pirates' gazes hardened into glares as he began to speak.

"Uma, we need to talk."

"About what?"

"About how there is a new captain in town. Harry."

"I have no clue what you're talking about. Now get out of the way!" She attempted to push past him, but two of the other pirates moved to block her and Gil grabbed her arm and yanked her backward. 

"I told you to MOVE!"

"I knew you'd never step down from your position, so there has to be another way to get rid of you."

"What the heck are you saying?"

He didn't respond and she took in a deep breath, ready to say something, until Gil grasped her other arm and another pirate fetched a sword, turning around and slicing it straight through her stomach. 

"No... please..." Uma managed to breathe out despite the pain shooting through her body. Gil pushed her away and she crashed to the floor, blood pooling from her body. Another of the crew took a second weapon- a flail- and swung it toward her head. She barely managed to roll out of the way and tried to run, but all the other pirates all had weapons as well and one stabbed her in the leg. Ignoring it, she tore back toward the door with the knife still buried in her skin, pushing open the door and barging straight into Harry, which made her fall at his feet. 

"Uma?" Harry gasped as he saw her. "What- what happened to you?" 

"Harry?" She blinked, her vision blurry, as she barely recognized him. "How could you do this to me?"

"Wait, wh- what did I do?"

"The crew betrayed me. Gil said they had elected you as their new captain."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb. You betrayed me too!"

"I did nothing of the sort!" Harry reached down to help her up and Uma clenched her teeth as her feet slipped and she collapsed into his arms. "Why would I... hold it, did they do this to you?"

She nodded, then winced as he shook off his hook and placed a bare hand on her stomach. "Ow, get off."

"I'm so sorry, Uma..."

"Well, just get me back to the ship and leave me alone. It's not like you care about me."

"How could you ever think that's true?"

"You told me that I had betrayed you and I should never speak to you again."

"Uma, you know I'd never mean any of that. I love you and that will never change."

"Are you sure they weren't telling the truth?"

"I will speak to the crew myself and make them see that you are still our captain. If they don't agree, I can probably sneak you away to Auradon and we can make a life there. I'm sorry about what I said earlier. Can you please forgive me?"

A moment went by and then Uma nodded slightly. "I- I forgive you." She kissed him briefly and then passed out.

"Uma!" He quickly rushed her back to the ship right to the medical bay. 

Hope everyone enjoyed my first Harry x Uma one-shot! Comment what you think and request if you like! Keep looking out for more.