Getting To Know You...

Start from the beginning

"Oh nothing that Amun can't tell you later." Set replied dismissively before he too sat back in his seat done with his food.

"So what do we do for the rest of the night?" I questioned when the room fell too silent for me.

"Well as much as I'd really like to play with you two I actually do have a lot more work to do and I can't let Osiris come and pay us a visit." Set sighed.

"Who's Osiris?" I questioned before I could stop myself. I shouldn't really be prying into his life but I couldn't help it. It was killing me not knowing why my new mate was afraid of this man.

"Let's just say that Osiris and I have had an interesting past." Set chuckled humorlessly.

"Will you be elaborating on that?" I questioned crossing my arms over my chest. 

I wasn't particularly fond of people beating around the bush. When I asked a question I expected the question to be answered. Most people knew that about me and tended not to piss me off. Hearing Owen Sigh on my side I knew he was picking up on my annoyance and was about to intervene.

"Not yet I won't be. Maybe one night we'll just sit and talk about our pasts and we'll get to know each other much better." Set replied genuinely which soothed the beast within me that was pushing me to question him again.

"Well if you're done with dinner I advise everyone to separate and for you  four to get some sleep." Set spoke up as he stood up from the table.

Owen nodded his head in agreement as the four of us each grabbed our bowls and headed back out through the doorway that lead to the kitchen. I walked past Set and grabbed his as Kaya grabbed Amun's and we all headed into the kitchen. One thing we learned growing up was to pull our own weight even though we were going to be the Alpha's.

Nicholai always instilled in us the fact that we were no different than anyone else. We weren't royalty and we weren't some special being that was above doing common chores. So we always had something to do and we were always told to do our own dishes.

"What are you four doing?" Set questioned as he followed us into the kitchen.

"The dishes." Owen replied as he started the water running.

"Why? Someone will come by in the morning to do them just leave them there." Set replied.

"Umm...No. It's only the six of us here so why can't we do our own dishes?" My soft spoken mate questioned as he began to wash our dishes.

"Because we can get other people to do it for us?" Set questioned and Amun chuckled.

"Forgive Lord Set he's grown up knowing nothing besides the life of a god." Amun spoke up as he snatched a drying rag from off the counter and tossed it at Set who looked at it in confusion.

"You use it to dry the dishes." I laughed lightly at the look on his face.

"I knew that..." He muttered as he took the plate that Kaya had rinsed off and began drying it.

He scrubbed at every inch of that plate making sure there wasn't a drop of water on it before he looked up excitedly at finishing it by himself. Then looked around waiting for someone to help him out again. It was cute that he wasn't even sure how to wash and dry his own plates. Don't get me wrong it made him seem so damned spoiled but in some way it gave him a little bit of innocence that made him a little more likeable.

"What now?" He questioned.

"Give it here Lord Set." Amun replied taking the plate from him and setting it on the counter as Kaya handed him another wet plate.