A sad start

Hey so this is my first fanfic so sorry for the horribleness of the writing
————————————————————————
Two people sat upon the bars high above the exited crowd.
"Ready hun"? Asked the male acrobat to his wife?
"Of course" replied Ann reggae to her husband.
The acrobats then swung down off the bars but before they could get to the others bars, two gun shots could be heard through the tent as the two acrobats fell to the ground and a small child screamed over there bodies. Emily was only 8 and had just lost her best friend to a billionaire play boy after his parents died in a similar accident a month ago. She wasn't sure if she could lose another person after this.
The young acrobat turned away from her once happy parents as she ran to the train where her room was. The small girl grabbed a knife and sighed, thinking about her best friend and how disappointed he'd be she put down the knife and quickly grabbed a backpack and filled it with clothes and a small hand gun and a few knifes. As she ran into the slums of Gotham she heard shouting behind her, but wouldn't turn around.
—4 years later————— ———————————
A girl in rags sat in an ally looking at her scarred wrists thinking about how she should have just gone through with it the first time .
But she didn't want to anymore , she had a new goal now, survive long enough to find her old best friend, dick Grayson . After she said bye to him she would finally go through with it and reunite with her parents. She quickly ran out of the alley to be confronted with five large men with guns. The former acrobat growled as they advanced on her, she knew she could easily take two of them at most but she hadn't eaten in days and wasn't up to full strength.
"We're gonna have some fun with you girly"
Snarled the man
She wanted to reply but she barely had the strength to fight let alone come up with witty comebacks aswell.
She flipped over the first guy but couldn't get far enough and landed on one of them before she was knocked
out all she saw was a flash of a black cape.
—————————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter! I promise I'll try to make them longer!