Steve Christmas

You were so excited for Christmas. It was one of the best times of the year not only because of the joy that seemed to be going around but because you would always play your Christmas music loud. Very loud.

You didn't want to admit it but you started doing it once you found out you lived across from Captain America or as he is known to his friends, Steve Rogers. It was harmless at first you'd play your old Bing Crosby records ever so sly knowing when he'd walk by your door. Of course you didn't think that he even noticed you were playing them until one day you decided to change it up. You played a Glee Christmas album.

You were dancing around your apartment with a broom in hand swinging it back and forth while you dusted up the pine needles from your Christmas tree. You didn't hear the knock at the at door due to the loud volume of the music and your accompanying voice singing over top of track.

When you did your big finish spin you almost fell to the floor. Partly because you were wearing those cursed fluffy socks that, while they kept your feet warm were killers on the slippery floor and also because Steve Rogers, you neighbour was standing in the doorway with an awkward smile gracing his features and a bag of sugar held tightly in his grip.

"S-s-s-sorry." He sputtered. "I just wanted to bring back the sugar I borrowed from you." You regained your footing and could feel your face heat up. You scurried over to Steve and nervously took the bag from his hands. 'Holy crap how long had he been watching!' You thought to your self. You smiled and worked up the courage to ask him if he wanted to come in.

It had been two years since that day and you had been dating Steve for about 10 months now and it was that time of year again. Steve was helping you set up your Christmas Tree. When White Christmas came on you started absent mindlessly swaying. Before you knew it you Steve reached for you hand and you swayed around the room, until the song ended. You couldn't stop smiling.

"Hey Steve?" You asked while he went back to unboxing ornaments.

"Uh uh." He mumbled. You sat down beside him on the ground now, helping Steve untangle a string of lights.

"That sugar wasn't mine." He looked up at you startled for a moment before letting out a small chuckle.

"You were thinking about the first time we actually talked huh?" He wrapped an arm around your shoulder. "It's true it wasn't yours it was mine, but I heard you change your record, or eerrrr, change your record and put on a CD. I walked by and heard a different version of White Christmas play in and truthfully I wanted to see why you had changed it. Plus it was a good excuse to talk to you." Now it was your turn to laugh.

"I changed it because I assumed you heard enough of the Bing Crosby rendition, you know I would play it extra loud just so you could hear. Besides I was getting sick of it myself, which is saying something because it's my favourite Christmas song." You stood both stood up and strung the lights on the tree getting tangled a few times before you both stepped back to admire your handiwork.

"Well, I'm glad you changed it or I don't think I would have come in here to talk to you without telling myself it was for some other cowardly reason. Like that you switched the CDs really, I just wanted to finally talk to you." You laughed and lightly pecked Steve on the lips.

"Merry Christmas Stevie."

"Merry Christmas (Y/N/N)."

(You're Christmas outfit)