The Choice

I kept the Squip pill in my backpack pocket, as I went to class. I sat at a desk while thoughts ran through my head.

"Do I just take it now?"
"Later?"
"Do I even HAVE money for Mountain Dew?"

I sighed tiredly and placed my headphones on my ears, letting the music sweep me away from life's worries.

Unfortunately, my little dream world was cut short from class starting, I grumbled as he took them off, letting them rest on my shoulders.

I mostly zoned out during both periods.
Then, it was lunch time.

I carried my tray scouting the cafeteria for my friends, I noticed Brooke waving to me, as I walked over there.

"Hey Michael!"
Brooke said with a smile as the rest of his friends also said a mixture of Hi's, Hello's and What's up?

I smile as a response
"Pretty good. Thanks!" I said with a small chuckle, I notice Christine and Jeremy at the end of the table. I give out a small sigh as I sat down beside Chloe, since Rich doesn't let anyone sit beside Jake but himself.

I kinda zoned out during the whole conversation as I stared at my food, trying to decide wether to have the pill or not.
I have to.
I know what it does but I need it.
I need it.
I need it for-

"Michael!"
Brooke said snapping her fingers in my face as everyone at the table stared at me, including Jeremy and Christine.

I blush out of embarrassment.
Stupid.
"S-sorry. I was spaced out for a sec, what were you saying?"
I asked as Chloe looked at me.
"She asked if you were free this Friday? We're all hanging out together."

"Oh, uh..
Yeah! Totally! Got nothing better to do..."
I said quickly as Jeremy frowned. "I thought we were going to my house and play video games.."
He said sadly

FUCK
I FORGOT.

"You guys ALWAYS  play video games! Spice it up a bit!"
Jenna said looking up from her phone as Jeremy chuckled uncomfortably
"I guess...
Sorry, Micha...Maybe next week."
Jeremy said as I nodded, "It's alright, Jere.."

Jeremy smiled as he continued to talk to Christine as I suddenly asked
"Does anyone have any Mountain Dew?"

Everyone looked confused as Rich shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
"Uhh, why?"
Jake asked as I shrugged

"I-I just was wanting some.."

"I don't have Mountain Dew but I have a dollar.."

"Uh. Thanks dude, I'll pay you back-"

"No sweat, it's just a dollar."

"Thanks.."

"No problem."

Jake gave me the dollar as I took it and I grabbed my backpack and left the table, I headed to the vending machine anxiously, I slid in the dollar bill and entered the code as the green drink fell down as I picked it up.

I went to the back of the school where I knew no one will see me, as I put my bag to the ground and took out the pill.

I looked at the pill in my hand and the bottle in my other.

I could just throw the pill to the ground.
I could crush it under my shoe like a bug, and let everything be as it is.

Or.

I could interfere.
I could change the story.
I could change it the way I want it.

I gave a shaky breath.

Remember why your doing this.
Remember what your doing this for.
Remember WHO your doing this for.

"For Jeremy..."
I said as I popped the pill in my and unscrewed the kid to the Mountain Dew as I drank some with it.

No going back now..