My Girl | James Potter

Okay, a pretty lengthy one for the first one! But I'm a sucker for James Potter! Also, I love Jily, but I'm sorry for what I did to Lily here! 

Because of being an awesome writer who inspired me to try my hand at it too, shoutout to everlovingdeer Check her stuff out, no regrets!

This one borders right on the edge of an M rating, but nothing too explicit! Just snogging ;)

My girl | James Potter

"Oh, for Godric's sake, Potter, why do you hate me?"

I grumbled incoherently to myself as the insistent tapping on the window made it through the fog of sleep that surrounded me. Some of the girls around me groaned, others sending similar curses as mine towards the general direction of the window. I forced myself out of bed, rubbing at bleary eyes, and sure enough, there was Smokey, the Potter owl, tapping excitedly at the glass with a letter attached to his leg.

I pursed my lips, not nearly as enthusiastic. "Yes, I bloody well heard you, you ruddy bird," I griped under my breath. As soon as I opened the window, Smokey flew to settle on my shoulder, nipping affectionately at my ear. I instantly felt guilty for taking my frustrations out on the owl that was more a joined pet between me and James, and reached up to pat him. Wasn't his fault that his owner was a prat.

James Potter was my best friend since forever. Our families were good friends who rekindled their friendships when my family moved back to England just before I turned five. When we'd first met, Euphemia Potter had just hugged me, and James had taken one look at me and pushed me over. Instead of crying or running towards my own parents, I'd gotten right back up and in a fit of accidental magic, turned his hair a brilliant shade of blue.

We were inseparable ever since.

Striving to remember that I actually loved the idiot, I untied the letter, eyes quickly scanning the words in front of me.

Stripes,

Come to the commons RIGHT NOW! Marauders' emergency!

Prongs

PS - Tell Evans I said hi!

Rolling my eyes, I rode out the normal flare of jealousy that rose up inside me at the stark reminder that James - my best friend who, did I mention?, I'd somehow managed to fall head over heels for - was completely besotted with my snotty roommate.

Honestly, it was about time I got over my crush. Jamie was never going to see Lily as anything but perfect, and he was certainly not ever going to see me as anything other than his best friend. I needed to stop being pathetic and move on. Distance myself from the source of everything.

Even as I thought this, I tied my hair into a ponytail and slipped soundlessly out of my dorm room. The cold hard truth was that I could say and think whatever I liked, but when it came down to it, I would always drop anything and everything if that stupid boy ever needed me.

Swallowing a sigh, I padded down the stairs, wondering what emergency required my presence before the sun could even rise.

The full moon had been a whole two weeks ago, so I could rest easy knowing that Remmy was alright. My heart gave a small pang as I thought about the sandy-haired werewolf; I had been the first one of us to make the connection, and had kept his secret for seven months before the other boys found out. It had been a hellacious time, especially when James realized I had been keeping a secret from him and alternated between icing me out, yelling at me, and pleading with me to tell him. He'd been downright nasty to poor Remus, but we'd become very close friends, and Moony always seemed to listen to me when I pleaded James' case.