Chapter Twenty Two

"SHEILD monitors potential threats," Natasha's voice brought me back to the current situation.

"Captain America is on a potential threats watch list?" Banner said angrily. "How is that even possible?"

I looked around as each voice got louder and louder. As my eyes flicked to Natasha, I saw her looking from the screen to me, back and forward. I glared at her.

"Fury, what's this?" I yelled. Silence. All eyes were on me. Natasha shook her head at me, urging me not to say anything. But I ignored her.

"These files? They're more than just reports on my abilities," Tony was studying the files now. "These photos go back to when I arrived in New York. You've got my fight pattern analysed. How can you even do that?" I said harshly. Tony looked up angrily.

"Brain activity? Sleep patterns? Radiation output? That's some pretty illegal stalking," he said.

"I've had my abilities, what, a couple of days? But based on these files you've known it would happen for years. You've been watching me so you can what? Hook me up to some reactor and power the whole world?" I almost screamed, I almost launched myself at him. There was rage burning through my veins, and I felt my hands and spine begin to tingle furiously.

"It would have been a last resort," Fury began.

"You're talking about using a person as a power source. That's beyond inhumane!" Banner said harshly, the words sounded odd coming from his quiet mouth.

"I think both you need to calm down," Natasha said, trying to sound soothing. I shot daggers at her with my eyes.

"Uh, Keight? There's something on these files I think you missed," Tony called out. I spun around, my fists clenched as lightning zipped over my body.

"I don't think you want to look at that," Fury warned.

"I have every right to look at it," I spat and peered at the screen in front of me. Tony pointed to a diagram of my body.

"See this? Now I'm not a biologist but I'm smart enough to know that when a close up of your DNA has parts labelled 'Unidentified sequence' it's something to worry about," he said, glaring at Fury.

I must say, I was suprised to see another Asgardian on Earth.

Thor was staring at me, waiting.
"So he was right," I muttered, in shock. My mind felt numb, filled with cotton balls and unable to function.

"Who?" Banner said, asking the question the whole group was thinking.

"Loki. He talked to me on the mountain. Said he was suprised to see another Asgardian on Earth. I thought he was trying to trick me at first, but then it made sense," I said, staring at the screen.

"It makes no sense. How can you be alien?" Banner questioned, the scientist in him taking over.

"It makes sense because really, how can a human body hold the amount of power I have? You know I'm a walking bomb, right?" There was silence at my words. "If I went too hot, if I pushed myself too far, I would turn nuclear. That's not the kind of power a human could have. I have to be alien," I finished.

"Or half," Tony piped up. "Only half of your DNA is foreign. The other half seems relatively human. Meaning, you had one alien parent, not two." His words felt like bullets. Only one alien parent. Oh yes, so much better.

"That's no excuse to have plans to use her as a power source!" Banner exclaimed. Thor chuckled smugly, his arms folded.

"You speak of control yet you court chaos," he said gleefully. I could have punched him. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't particularly like Asgardians.