As they slowly entered the room I heard Luna gasp. "Look Flora, they did it. Avery is turning." Her eyes held an excited gleam.

"Not quite yet." Kyros mumbled.
I knew what he meant;  Avery had yet to show a sign that she was turning.

Flora only acknowledged her slightly, but her eyes where full of fear staring at me. I knew why she was doing that, It wasn't everyday that a vampire just simply turned into a witch as well.

"Prince," she bowed slightly and kept her face down.

I stepped towards the girls and felt how Flora grew nervous.

"I need you two to clean up Avery." Luna's head snapped towards Kyros her eyes asking for permission, he nodded softly.

'What's with that?'

"Where do you want us to put her after?" 

"On the fourth floor," the answer shot out of my mouth but there was no way when I was sleeping that she would be far away from me.

Luna didn't say anything but the funny look on her face was enough for me to know what she was thinking.

Well I didn't care.

***

After the shower I went to check on Avery, she was just down the hall from my room, it was an empty bedroom just like there were many in this castle. 

Her hair had been washed and dried, she was dressed in tight black pants and a comfortable long sweater. The bruises on her face where fading.

I stepped closer and I impaled as a strong scent of her blood washed over me.

'That's not suppose to happen.'

Her blood was suppose to be turning her into a vampire not still smell like a human.

I needed to call Kyros but I had no clue how to do that, I couldn't yell, I wasn't even sure if he had a cell phone and I wasn't going to leave her alone.

For a moment I wasn't sure what to do and then it hit me.

Technically this guy was my sire, he had turned me into a witch with his venom, how that was possible I was unaware of but there must be some sort of sire bond.

I started searching for it inside my body, every nerve, every tendon I was aware of and I could feel it. I felt them as they moved when my brain ordered them to move. 

Suddenly I found what I was looking for but I knew if I accepted the pull, Kyros would always be able to find me no matter what because technically I was his kindred.

Another strong scent of Avery's blood hit me.

'Is she bleeding?'

I needed to act now, without further thought I called the bond on me and instantly it was as if another presence knew of all my secrets. I hoped that part was unreal.

I called to the presence and I knew it heard me, well that was all I needed. I rushed to Avery's side on the bed and checked for any kind of wound that might be bleeding but I found nothing.

In the next instant Kyros flashed through the door.

"You accepted the bond." He stated his face void of emotion.

I only nodded and without having to say anything I knew that he noticed the strong scent.

"That is so peculiar," he spoke in wonder. "Her blood is strong enough to stand its own."