Chapter 2

Julie's POV

11 years later

I zoomed in on my target for the night. He was a good distance away from me and was busy talking on the phone with an aggravated look on his face.

From the way he dressed, I could clearly tell that he was a rich man. He was in a suit with high-class leather shoes. I couldn't see his face because his back was facing me and the dim lights did not help. 

I spotted his leather wallet in his back pocket of his pants. Man, these rich people are really stupid. Who puts their wallets on public display? He's just placing neon lights on his head, telling others that he was an easy target.

Over the years of being homeless, I became a pickpocket and I have stolen from countless of people.

Rich people.

Never would I ever steal from the poor. They are in the same bad shape as I am right now and furthermore, the rich carry hundreds with them. One wallet like that can provide me with 2 days' worth of meals. 

Just with a touch, I could tell which was a one dollar note and which was a hundred.

Just with a shake of hand, I could remove a watch from someone's arm without them even noticing. 

Just one flirtatious wink, I could remove their phones from their front pockets. That's why, ladies and gentlemen, front pockets are equally easy to pick from.

Yes, I'm 18 now and as you can guess I have been homeless for 11 years now and truthfully, I have forgotten what it feels like to have a home.

Both my parents are dead to me and now, Jacob is the only family I have. There's no one I can trust other my brother.

I shook my head, coming back to reality. I smirked as I pulled my jacket closer to me and silently made my way to him.

"Hi! Nice to meet you." I put on my most seductive voice as I extended my left hand for a handshake.

With my hood on, it was hard -nearly impossible- for him to see my face. This makes my escape better. Even if I got caught, whch was never, they still couldn't recognise me 

He looked at me questioningly and hesitantly returned the handshake. "Nice to meet you too?"

Little did he know that both my hands had already went to work and the few hundred bucks tucked in his wallet was already in my hands as I slowly slipped them into my pocket.

"Oh my gosh, what's that?" I asked incredulously as I used my right hand to stretch out diagonally to his right shoulder, not releasing his left hand at all, and successfully distracted him and blocked his view from his left hand where his expensive Rolex laid.

Quickly, I used my 2 fingers to flip open the buckle and drop it into my front packet.

"Oh, well. I thought it was a spider." I used my hand to sweep his shoulder, pretending to dust it off.

"I guess I'll be going now huh? Bye." I smiled seductively as I placed a small kiss on his cheek before walking away, trying to act normal. It always works.

This leaves the victim in a state of shock and confusion and it would last for just enough time for my getaway.

"Wait." He suddenly said as he grabbed onto my wrist. I turned around, wide eyed, to meet his gaze.

"Where do you think you're going, oh Miss nice-to-meet-you?" He asked me menancingly. What the hell? How did I even get caught?

"I'm going off Mr. It seems that you're not the person I'm looking for." I tilted my head to the side and played innocent.

"Oh really? Then would you mind telling me where's my wallet and my watch?" He asked me in a dangerously low tone. 

"Erm... I don't know. Maybe you dropped it on the way here?" I told him as I raised my eyebrows.

"Hmm... I don't know. Maybe it's somewhere in one of your pockets?" He answered me back with a question.

Damn him! I smiled at him before taking him unexpected; I kneed him in the balls. Hard.

He groaned and crumpled to the ground, giving me a good chance to escape. I sped off down the dark alley to the main streets and tore into the road.

"Hey! Stop there!" He heard him yell behind me as I heard his hurried footsteps gaining from behind me. Yeah right. As if I would willingly let you catch me and bring me to jail.

Stupid.

This gave me the adrenaline rush and I ran faster. Just as I wanted to dash through the road to get to the other side, a truck was heading at full speed towards me as the driver's horn blared loudly and continuously. 

My heartbeat skyrocketed and I was frozen, unable to get out of the way.

Oh my God. This is how my life's going to end?