。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

The kids didn't spend much more time at Ben's. Five thirty was approaching and most of them had to be home, in Eddie's case he had to go eat dinner. Except for Richie, his parents are still at work at this time. So he took that opportunity to take Cassiopeia home to her house.

Even though Cassiopeia told him the directions, Richie didn't listen. He, shamefully, knew the girls' address. He'd rode over on his bike, more than a few times, in hope of Cassiopeia being outside. She never was, except one time. It was about the seventh grade, Cassiopeia was all dressed up for her birthday. She sat at a decorated birthday table crying, as her mother yelled at her.

It pained Richie to see, so much that he pretends that the whole day never happened.

Richie stopped at her house, dropping his bike down once the two were off of it. Cassiopeia noticed her mom's not home. She didn't even think about how unladylike her next decision was, it just occurred to her mind and she wanted it, not her mother. For the first time in fourteen years of living, Cassiopeia made her own choice. "Do you maybe want to hang out for a little bit?" Cassiopeia didn't even think of the consequences. All she knows is she made a dumb decision. Just like a kid should.

Richie hid his excitement and nervousness with a sly smirk. "Wow Cass, if I knew all it took was a ride on my bike to your house, I would've done this a long time ago." He followed the girl who's already unlocking her front door.

Cassiopeia didn't respond to him. Instead, she pushed the door open and held it for Richie. "Make yourself at home." The Tozier boy walked in astonished, hearing the door click close. Cassiopeia walked right past him, "want anything to drink?"

"Holy shit Cass." Richie took a pause to look at her. "Your house is a fucking, mansion!" Now he followed her to the kitchen.

Cassiopeia poured him some water, "don't all houses look like this?"

"Have you not been to any other houses?!"

Cassiopeia looked down sadly but changed the topic. "Perhaps you need a nickname? You have one for me, it's only fair if I have one for you." Richie nodded, taking a long drink of cold water. "Rich has a nice ring to it." Richie choked on his water.  He truly, for once, didn't know what to say. The losers tried to call him that years ago, but Richie hated it so much, they had to stop.

   Now here's his crush standing directly across from him, suggesting his nickname be 'Rich.' But the boy had to answer, and soon too. So with a fake and weak smile, he said, "it's great!" Lying straight through his teeth. But the smile and light chuckle that came from Cassiopeia made the lie worth it to him.

   The two stood in peaceful silence for a split moment, before Cassiopeia thought of the paint and book she had boughten earlier. "I have to go up to my room and put some stuff away. You can come up as well." If asking him to hang out wasn't ladylike, then this definitely doesn't even come to compare.

Richie only nodded. He'd never seen himself so silent. But something about being with the girl of his dreams all alone made him nervous. It's like all of a sudden his body didn't know how to react. All these scenarios played in his head if he should hold her hand, confess his feelings, or anything remotely romantic. But instead of doing any of that, Richie watched her pick up a grocery bag. Then following Cassiopeia upstairs to her room. Richie kept a gaze on the girls left hand, but didn't grab it. He was too late.