Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

I woke up feeling something warm pressed against me. Opening my eyes I looked down and saw bluish black paws under me. Why was I still in my wolf form? The last thing I remember was entering the door and then nothing. I felt tired and hungry. I must have been asleep for maybe an hour because my body was still feeling heavy. Suddenly something moved beside me and a hand touched my back, stroking my fur.

I recognized Liam's scent but whimpered under his touch. My wolf didn't like it and wanted to snap at him. But I couldn't. No matter how weird and wrong it felt he was still someone I loved dearly. But did I love him like I did before? I used to love his touch, his kisses, but now it felt foreign and made me guilty. What has Zach done to me? I whimpered again which made Liam bring his hand to my head.

"Hey beautiful, how you feeling?" Liam's spoke softly.

"Still a little tired." I replied through the mind link.

"Well that's weird. You've been out for almost a day." He stated.

My head snapped towards him I was surprised it didn't break. He nodded in sadness while I just tried to process all of it. I laid my huge head on my paws and closed my eyes suddenly feeling dizzy.

"Baby, you have to shift." He spoke so lovingly my heart squeezed in guilt and pain. Nodding my muzzle, I took the covers in my mouth and pulled it till it covered my body. Liam eyes flashed with pain and he reluctantly stepped out of my room. If the situation was different I'd have no issue changing in front of him. But now even if I wanted to I couldn't.

I shifted quickly and dressed into lose track pants and a large t-shirt. I didn't care if I looked like a balloon, all I wanted to do was see my five favorite boys and decide what I must do next.

Silently and carefully I walked down and into the living room. All four of them were bending and consoling someone sitting on the couch. Suddenly five heads turned towards me and I felt a sense of déjà vu, but the difference was Liam was on the couch with unshed tears in his eyes. Ignoring my wolf I ran to him and buried my face in his neck and cried my eyes out. I rarely let anyone witness me in this position but right now I'd give a rat's ass about everyone because I just wanted someone to comfort me.

"Shhhhh sweetheart, I'm right here. You're safe." Liam whispered as he stroked my hair.

"Liam give her to me." I heard Nate's strong yet soothing voice. I was lifted off Liam and wrapped into a familiar warmth.

"Hey baby girl. What happened? You want to talk about it." He cooed. I'd laugh at his cooing normally but this time it actually helped and my crying quieted down to soft sobs.

"He knows." I whispered and heard Liam growl while Nate sighed loudly, the rest just kept shut. Nate stroked my back while he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"What happened, tell us exactly." Nate asked quietly.

I nodded and told them everything. How Zach approached me in the woods. How his touch made me feel alive and satisfied. I told them how he begged for me to stay and what it took for me to run away from him. All the time I explained my eyes were glued to Liam who was looking at the ground with rage. I should have just shut my mouth but I needed them to know because whatever it was, the truth is out and I was sure Zach would do anything to get me back. I may hate to admit but a small part of me wished he did.

"This was bound to happen. It's not easy for mates to stay away and if they do nature finds a way to bring them back together." Nate explained to me, but it felt it wasn't exactly meant for me. Liam didn't look up and that made me feel horrible. Will this be us now? Will we never be able to look each other in the eye? It was my fault, I should have known better that one day he'd be back for me. I should have never made Liam fall for me.