Chapter Two

**Dom pictured above**

###

Some time had passed since we had our first session and it was a little silent. We've had three other sessions and it was pretty dope, but this was our last session together. I wanted to make a move, but I didn't have the courage to get rejected again. Surprisingly after the short period of time we'd had together, I had grown attached. I had fallen for her, rather than the persona. I knew that at this point my feelings for her had become dangerous.

Kehlani was leaning against the table, as I answered my phone. My girl ( well my friend with benefits that swears that she's my girl) was hitting my line for the 6th time, so I finally answered.

"Dominique where the hell are you? I thought you were coming over two hours ago... see this is why I don't understand why I still fuck with you! You're just such an-" Janelle screamed through the phone. I glanced over and saw Lani laughing at my present situation. I turned my back to her and continued to listen to Janelle's nagging.

"Janelle you already knew I had an appointment tonight. We were just supposed to chill anyway so why you tripping? ...You know what I gotta go. I'll hit you up in the morning," I said hanging up before she could respond.

I turned back around to see Kehlani staring at me intensively. It seemed as if she had been monitoring my conversation and my reactions.

"What?" I said with a slight smirk.

"I'm just watching you work, playa..." she said laughing. " I see there's trouble in paradise. I guess bae doesn't appreciate me taking you from her at night. It's like....three in the morning?"

She laughed again before giving her phone her full concentration once again.

"Well, if you must know, love, me and Janelle have been friends for a while. We used to work together before I really started focusing on my tattoo career. We fucked up one night... she fell in love. I didn't. I valued the friendship enough to stay close, but she still wants something more," I was opening up to her again. She had this way of sucking me in and convincing me to pour my heart out, even when I didn't want to. I stepped closer and leaned against the table next to her.

" We've all been there, I guess," she said almost whispering. " But, Dom... um, before I leave we should exchange numbers. You're pretty dope, despite that womanizing shit." I looked at her a little confused.

"Why do you want to be close to little ole me? I'm not good enough for you," I moved away from her walking over to my drawing table. I avoided eye contact and started to work on the unfinished drawing in my sketchbook.

"That should be for me to judge. You're fuckin special, Dom. Why do you think that Janelle girl fell so head over heels for you? Why wouldn't I want to get just a piece of your time if I could," she grabbed my face so that I could look her in the eyes. She stared at me in a way that made me feel vulnerable. My hands began to quiver at her touch.

"Nah, Kehlani. Don't even buck my head up," I said somewhat nonchalantly. My New Orleans accent became more prominent. She moved closer to me only leaving a few inches of space between our lips.

"If I'm not mistaken you asked me out first, Dom," she narrowed her eyebrows as if she didn't understand me.

"I don't know Lani... I just... I mean it's just-" I was cut off by her lips meeting mine. The kiss was slightly more passionate than I expected. After a while, our tongues began to dance and entangle. She paused only for a second to ask me if the door was locked.

Our kissed began to intensify. I picked her up, wrapping her legs around my waist. I laid her on the tattoo table, tightening my grip on her thighs. My body growled from her touch. I wanted to be closer. I wanted to taste every last drip and inch of her body. My lips trailed from her lips to the crook in her neck. I desperately pulled her shirt off revealing her breast to me. Before I knew it, my lips migrated from her breast to her belly button. Her moans began to get louder. I was placed perfectly between her legs. She arched her back beneath me allowing me to remove her pants. Once her pants were off, she placed her legs on my shoulders, giving me full access to her center.

As my mouth and my tongue began to circle around her core, she started to shiver and cave into me. The tattoo supplies that were on the table hit the floor with my phone. Her nails dug into my biceps as I nibbled on her. I could sense that she was losing full control over her body. I positioned her comfortably on my shoulders and lifted her into the air. She held onto my head for stability as I walked her to the wall. I quickened my pace. She was almost there. She ran her fingers through my hair. A scream escaped her lips as her knees buckled. The grip she had on me loosened as she unraveled in my arms, releasing once again. I took her off of my shoulders and she wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. She kissed on my neck as I walked her back to the tattoo table.

I walked over to the sink to wash her off of my face and my hands. I looked in the mirror to see her almost completely dressed. She was perfect. And no, this isn't the sex talking. I mean, just the way she fixed her hair was beautiful.

"We should do this again," she said with a chuckle as she turned around. "And, yes Dom... You can take me out."

She put a piece of paper in my hand and turned around; with one wave of her hand, she grabbed her belongings and left out of the room. I heard Kehlani say her goodbyes to everyone as she left the tattoo parlor. I propped myself up on the sink, staring at the piece of paper that she handed me a moment before still in shock. Before I could get my bearings back, I heard Cooth's boots headed my way. Fuck...

" I should fire your ass right now. You know the fucking rules, Dom. NO SEX IN THE SHOP! Hell if you must do it, do it when I'm NOT HERE!! Do you know how many customers I've had to turn away for the last hour because of you and Kehlani? THE FUCK DOM!!" Cooth was screaming at me at this point and I just sat there and took it like a kid.

"Cooth... Yeah, I fucked up... I ALWAYS fuck up...but we just got caught up in the moment... If you fire me I'm losing everything. WE started this shop together sis..." I wanted to beg for my job but I knew it wasn't worth it at this point.

"Dominique, you know the rules.... You lucky you're my friend and that I'm proud of you for tearing that light bright down," Cooth said bursting into laughter.

I laughed in relief as I heard Shaina, Kahh, and my friend Noel coming into the room.

"How was it, nigga? I heard you tearing that ass up. Got her ass walking out singing and shit," Noel said slapping my arm playfully.

"The question really is, do you have a date or nah, cause I'm trying to slide in if you don't," Shaina said laughing. Kahh immediately punched her arm as he gave her a stern look. "What?"

"Well, I'm gonna text her and see what's up... The rest is none of your business my nigga," I said grabbing my things walking out of my office.

"You better cut shit with your regular booty call Janelle while you're at it," Noel called after me causing everyone to laugh.

I walked into the snow avoiding the chatter behind me. The wind picked at my face as the snow crumbled beneath my feet. For a second, I felt that familiar feeling of butterflies in my stomach as I thought about her. I knew that something was different about her but I just had to take that risk.

###