California Dreaming

October 1965 Maple Avenue
Atherton California

Lindsey is standing in the driveway waxing his birthday present, a 1963 Buick Wildcat convertible. Morris gave him the keys to his former car on Lindsey's sweet sixteenth birthday telling him

"You have been a good son and I'm very proud of you Lindsey."

"I know you will take good care of this, happy birthday!"

Lindsey was thrilled and suprised to receive his dads car, he knew Morris was buying a brand new Cadillac but he expected his dad would trade his Buick in. Lindsey sings along to the transitor radio he has sitting on the curb next to him, at this moment he's without a care in the world, while he waxes away on the dark blue exterior of his car.

Monday Monday so good to me
Monday morning
It was all I'd hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning
Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening
You'd still be here with me

As he sings along he hears a familiar female voice say to him

"Oh don't you worry Lindsey Buckingham I'll be right here every Monday evening!"

Lindsey looks up at his girlfriend. Blond hair and blue eyes, clad in tight cutoff blue jean shorts and black halter top that barely contains her considerable bust. Lindsey knows he is lucky to have her around. Shes very enthusiastic about anything Lindsey feels like doing, anything. He smiles warmly and says

"Thanks Sally, I'm just about done waxing her up, you want to go for a spin?"

Sally replies

"Do I? Of course I do silly let's take a cruise through town!"

Lindsey shuts off the radio and opens the passenger door for Sally to get in. After she's situated he hops around to the drivers side and in no time the two are off cruising down the avenue. As Lindsey's drives past Stevie's house he wonders what she's up to. He can't help but look back over the last couple years in his mind.

Life has changed greatly for Lindsey since he won the Knights of Columbus talent show over two years ago. He took the money he won along with a few bucks he borrowed from his dad and bought the new Fender guitar he had been wanting. In no time it seemed the word had gotten around about his singing and guitar playing. He performed at parties, family reunions, school functions etc. Lately he's been jamming with a few guys from school, they have made themselves into a band.

Lindsey also started to learn how to talk to girls better. It was easy for him, gals have come up to him all the time wherever he's been performing. He's had a couple girlfriends, but he's been seeing Sally steady for a couple months. Her and Scott broke up not long after Lindsey and Stevie did. Scott ended up dating an English exchange student named Beth.

Through these changes Lindsey has been glad to keep Scott as his best friend. He's lost track of most of the other guys from the sandlot, some of them moving away and some just making different friends.

One new friend Lindsey's made and kept is Chris Nicks. Not long after the Nights of Columbus talent show Dave's behavior changed twords Chris. Being Chris pal early on while trying to put the moves on Stevie, things changed soon after he got her.

One evening a few weeks after the talent show Lindsey was out in the garage unpacking a new Peavey amp he just got when he heard somebody sniffling behind him. When he turned around he saw Chris standing there in tears. Lindsey said to him

"Hey Chris what's wrong?"

"Did you get in a fight?"

Chris shook his head no. Lindsey, much like his father did, went and got two stools from the back for him and Chris to sit on. After getting situated Lindsey asked him again what was up. Chris told him