Try for me

When I came to, the first thing I saw was a wooden turtle that was brightly painted like the bobble-head ones you can get in Mexico. The turtle smiles up at me from my clammy palm. Why is there a turtle in my hand? I question myself, a fist clenching in my stomach. The turtle eyes stare up at me as I harshly inhale. Why is this thing so disturbing? I mean it looks just like the one back in house--Oh god. A chill runs down my back as I blindly throw the turtle away from me. Why is the turtle here? Did Paul find yet another way to play a mind game with me? A breath tickles my neck. What the hell was that?!

    I fall forward and out of a...chair? Someone giggled behind me, "Congratulations, now your initation is complete. You've finally let go of your past." I ignored Paul.

   "I hate you!" I muttered. He blanched, twisting my arm behind my back. "I have my limits, Rika. Don't push me." His nails dug into my arm as he spun out of the chair and towards a dark shape that was crouching in the corner. "What is that?" I snarled. Paul laughed, "A late night snack". I moved towards it. It shrunk away, wimpering and clawing at the wall. In a second, I was crouched behind the chair. "WHAT IS THAT THING?" my voice broke as I screamed. Paul shook his head, "Pity, I thought you would naturally want to hunt. Well, these things do take time. Rika, you need to eat her. But do it quickly dear, we have a lot to do." I glanced up at him sharply. Was he serious? Did he actually expect me to just kill a person and eat her, casually?! There was no way, I would cause another person's death. Enough was enough, this nightmare had gone on for far enough. "Let them go", I carefully whispered. 

Paul snapped "What?!" and glared down at me. I slowly rose, never breaking eye contact with him. "I said, 'Let them go'" I cleared my throat and shoved Paul away. Paul stumbled back suprise then rage crossing his face.