eleven

ten more chapters till "clarity" is over 

»

*takes place after plane lands in sf* 

"well, mr. styles, you seem to have potentially the exact set of skills we need for this job. we are all very glad to say that you are hired."

"thank you so much, you won't regret it, i promise."

"i hope we won't."

harry shakes hands with his new manager at rochester publishing & co. and begins his journey out the door. when he gets to the parking lot, he fishes out his phone from his pocket and types in his new apartment address into the search bar for maps. on the screen, the drive to his new home appeared not too far away.

slowly, he pulled out of the parking spot he had been in and made his journey home. once, he arrived there, he took the elevator up to the top floor. as the elevator doors opened, he began looking for his apartment number (121), he was almost there when the neighboring apartment door opened and a dog came running out.

a voice came trailing behind the dog and harry thought it had sounded familiar. the dog began barking at harry, just as a figure came walking out the door.

"ottis! you cannot just persuade me to open the door for you just so you can bark at the new neighbor(s.)" a very familiar voice said. 

the man dragged the dog inside and closed the door. "i'm so very sorry, ma'am or sir. ottis tends to get excited around new people." the man paused. "in case you haven't already been wondering, i'm blind." 

harry just stood there, studying the man. tears started to well up in his eyes, for he very well knew this man was blind. 

"are you still standing there or am i talking to air?" pause. "at least give me some sorta sign."

harry sniffles signaling he was still there.

"okay, great you're still here. what's your name?" 

harry sniffles again but, gets ahold of himself. "hi, louis."

the face louis makes as harry said "hello" was somewhat heartbreaking, louis seemed so confused and lost. it made harry feel so discouraged and insecure because louis wasn't happy to see him, or not see him but at least feel him in his presence.

"harry?"