Will We Still be Together?

(Season 2 episode four spoilers ahead. Aplogies for not updating.)

Petra's POV

The inside of the cabin was all too familiar to me, and Jesse point out familiar things wasn't helping my emotional state. She giggled to herself behind me, pointing out a practice dummy infront of her. "Hey, remember when I used to have one of these in the treehouse?" She laughed at the memory, "Well, I had one until you broke it." I gave her a simple reply, "Yeah." Before going back to staring at all the books on the shelf, seeing a few that I knew Jesse had read before the WitherStorm had even begun. Jesse used to read all the time. "I used to read all the time..." Jesse whispered thoughtfully, holding a random book from the shelf behind me. I felt something tug on my heart, this wasn't just familiar, it was as if this cabin was the treehouse itself. I looked to the three beds against the wall, imagining Jesse, Olivia and Axel all sitting on each as night fell, laughing late into the night about the random things they would talk about. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I remembered the first time Jesse had invited me into the tree house, the day we had first met, everything connected back to that damned treehouse. I sniffed, wiping my eyes roughly to try to keep from crying, hearing Jesse walk back over to me.

"Petra?" She questioned, "Are you okay?" I wiped my eyes again, quickly pulling a book out and opening it to a random page. "Y-yeah! I was just reading this book about puppies." I lied, making Jesse give me a look through narrowed eyes, "Puppies make me sad." Jesse shook her head, saying simply, "Come on Petra. I know you better than you think. You're obviously not okay."

I stood up from my kneeling position, sighing softly as I turned to face her. "I know." I looked down before gaining some of my courage back, "Doesn't this place seem really familiar?" Jesse looked around for a few heartbeats, before nodding slowly. "Yes. In a way it reminds me of the treehouse." She said quietly, staring at a few things before looking back at Petra. "It's weird to think that they started out suck good friends, just like all of us had, Jesse." I mumbled, looking away from her. She sighed simply, looking down. "I know that we all haven't been together in the same place for a long time Petra, but we all have our own lives now. It doesn't mean we can't be friends." She attempted to reason with me, making me shake my head. "But it's like we aren't anymore Jesse!" I argued, making her look surprised, "When was the last time we all hung out without having to run after a few minuets?" She stayed silent, not able to answer. "Wait." I whispered, looking at the banners, "Those beds, they don't match the banners." It was a welcomed distraction from our small argument, Jesse walking over to the beds. "You're right. They're in the wrong order." She mumbled more to herself than to me. I watched as she rearranged the beds into what seemed like the right order, having something shift next to Xara's bed. Jesse took it away to reveal a book, and she started reading before her eyes widened. "Romeo, he just wanted all hos friends to stay together." She whispered, handing me the book to read over the words on the page. I couldn't handle it, it was too accurate to myself. I handed Jesse the book a little numbly. "I can't believe it, all he wanted was his friends to be together, so he turned into what he is now?" I choked, making Jesse realized what I was getting at before I said it, "I'm just like him."

Her eyes narrowed before she stood up, holding my cheeks to force me to look her in the eyes. Her brilliant green eyes always cught me off guard. "Never compare yourself to the admin." She said seriously, staring into my eyes, "You are nothing like him." I pulled away from her, narrowing my eyes. "How can you say I'm not Jesse!?" I found my voice rose on it's own, making her flinch, "We broke up almost two months ago and I'm still forcing you to go where you dont want to!" I could tell I was starting to lose my cool, tears threatening to spill over as my throat stung. Jesse opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off, "All you can talk about is getting back to Beacontown, how worried about everyone you are." My voice dropped down to a whisper, "It's your home, and you want to go back." Jesse look surprised at my change of tone, her eyes softening in understanding. "Petra..." She trailed softly, taking a step towards me.

I backed away, leaning against the window after turning my back on her, sniffing as I looked out the window. "I don't belong in Beacontown Jesse. It's not where I'm supposed to be." I mumbled, letting a tear fall at what I was saying, "I thought about what you said, finding my thing. And my thing, isn't in beacontown." I didn't dare turn around to see her face, I didn't want to see it. "But I dont want to leave and lose you Jesse." I continued, keeping my eyes on hers, "Everyone leaves Jesse, everyone. Axel, Olivia, even Lukas. They all left and made their own lives." She looked a little hurt as I mumbled out, "I guess part of me wants to leave so that you can't do it first."

She shook her head, walking towards Petra again, her eyes filled with sincerity. "Petra, I'm not going anywhere." She said it quietly, slowly moving her hands to hold mine, "And if you're leaving Beacontown, then I'm right behind you." I was shocked by her decision, but tears fell from my eyes as I pulled my hands from hers, wrapping my arms around her neck to snuggle into her shoulder. "Thankyou." I whispered, not knowing what else there was to say. We stayed in our hug for a long time before Jesse pulled away, smiling at me. "Does this mean we're together now?" She laughed lightly, making me laugh along with her. "Of course it does." I finally replied, earning a smile on her lips. "Finally." She whispered, giggling to herself again.

I won't be alone anymore.