Chapter 6: Getting Back Together

Start from the beginning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, Fina woke up from being unconscious. She realized that she was no longer in pain, which made her bolt upwards and frantically look around. She was in a hospital...But who had taken here there? Wait...Oh that's right! That man did...Fina wondered who he was.

But she also remember Leta. Fina panicked and jumped out of bed right as a nurse came into the room. She gasped. "Oh please dear, get back in bed!"

Fina shook her head. "No! I need to know where Leta is!"

The nurse blinked and looked at her clipboard. "You mean a little girl with a hoodie?"

"yes!"

"Oh she's all right. She's currently in the room next to yours, but she's still out cold."

Fina stormed over to the nurse and grabbed her shoulders and began to shake her violently. "Then take me to her!"

The nurse dropped her clipboard and grabbed Fina's shoulders. "If you don't calm down, I will be forced to knock you out again. Now go back into the bed."

Fina cursed under her breath and got back into the bed, but she didn't place the blanket on herself. The nurse fixed the white hat with that cross on it, then flattened her white dress before picking up her clipboard and walking over to Fina. "Now let's see..." She looked down at the clip board. "You can leave here as soon as you eat something. And how are you feeling at the moment?"

Fina glared. "Angry."

The nurse giggled. "I meant physically."

"Angry."

"I mean are you in any pain physically or mentally?"

Fina just shrugged and turned away. "Nope."

The nurse sighed with relief. "Good. Well then, we'll give you something to eat, then you can get dressed and leave. Or, you could wait until your friend has woken up..."

"I need to be in that room with her." Fina insisted. "She's scared of people. Just let me get dressed and I'll hang out in her room okay? I promise."

The nurse eyed her suspiciously, but then eventually sighed. "Very well then. Your clothes are on the chair over there. When you're done, your friend's room is to the left, room 202. We'll serve you food in there."

Fina smiled. "Thanks!" As the nurse left, Fina once again jumped out of bed and quickly changed her clothes. But when she opened the door, that nurse was waiting outside. Fina jumped with surprise.

"I'm sorry, but I had forgotten that you had visitors." The nurse said.

Fina rolled her eyes. "Okay...Who are they?"

"Well...." The nurse seemed a bit scared. "Colonel Jade Curtiss and two other men are here to see you. I'm a bit surprised-"

"Just send them to room 202 okay?" Fina shoved the nurse out of the way and ran to the left, where she knew that Leta would be.

She threw open the door and saw Leta lying on the bed, wearing those stupid hospital clothing. Fina walked over to the bed and stood at the side of it, staring at her. After a few minutes, she heard  a few people walk into the room. When she turned her head, she smiled. "Jade, Vander, Max!" She then frowned and lifted an eyebrow. "How did you guys know I was at the hospital...?"

Max tapped his chin. "Well, there was some guy with silver hair that came up to us and told us that you had been badly injured and was taken to the hospital. We didn't even ask him or anything! He just came up to us."

Jade crossed her arms and closed her eyes. "Very suspicious." Then for some odd reason, she turned her head over to the bed. Her eyes went wide and she bolted to the bed. "Leta!"

"So this was the girl you were talking about?" Fina asked her.

Jade held the fragile-looking girl's hand. "Yes, this was her." She released the girl and turned toward Fina. "I really must thank-you for taking such good care of her..." She blinked at Fina. "It was...You, who helped Leta...Right?"

Fina nodded and pointed to herself with her thumb. "Yuppers."

Jade sighed with relief. "Thank goodness. I'm going to take her back to the ship now."

"Aren't you going to stay with us?" Vander wondered.

Jade shook her head. "No. I only joined you guys because I was worried about Leta. But now that I know she's safe-"

"No...Colonel..." 

Jade realized that Leta had awoken. Jade fell to her knees and took her hand again. "You're okay! Don't you ever scare me like that again! I told you if something bad ever happens you stay in your room! Don't go out into the hall and lock the door!"

Leta lifted an eyebrow. "Uh...They broke the...Door down...And captured me...."

Jade bit her bottom lip, and sudden stood up and pulled her act together. "Well then...Next time don't let them catch you."

Leta gave the Colonel an annoyed look. "Well I'm fine....But I want to go with Fina."

Once again, Jade blinked at her comment. "Uh..." She chuckled confusingly. "What?"

Leta sat up and tore her eyes away from Jade so she could look at Fina. "I want to go with Fina. She talks in her sleep....I know that she wants to....Stop those assassins. and I want to help her."

Jade shook her head. "Oh please Leta, let's just get back to the ship-"

"No!" The room fell silent and everyone stared at her. Leta blushed and turned away, not liking all the attention they were giving her. "But I just...Want to help her."

Jade looked up at Fina. "Are you okay with this Fina?"

Fina shrugged. "This is her choice, not mine."

"Then I'll be staying as well. I'm not just going to send Leta off with you without me." 

"Well then, it should be easier to take care of those obnoxious assassins." Vander said.

Max smiled. "They won't stand a chance against us!" he puffed out his chest to make himself look more manly.

Fina laughed and ruffled his hair. "But right now, we need to let Leta get dressed, we need to eat, and then we can go okay? So where's our next destination?" She turned to Jade.

Jade flicked her hair away from her face before speaking, "The nearest town of course so we can actually get information this time." She grumbled with annoyance. "Those stupid assassins made us fall asleep before we could even ask anyone. By the time we woke up, you were gone, so we went to the nearest town looking for you." She placed her hand on her hip. "You are a real pain you know that?"

Fina chuckled and gave her a thumbs up. "That's my job!"

Vander pinched the bridge of his nose. "I want to leave as soon as possible. So just let Leta get dressed so we can eat and go."

"Oh fine." Fina muttered. 

Jade shoved everyone out, including herself to let Leta have some privacy. When she came out with her regular hoodie and short dress, they quickly ate, then headed out for the nearest town.