Chapter 2: Vander

Fina woke up to someone shaking her and calling her a, Noroshi. Fina groaned and sat up as she rubbed her eyes. "Wha-?" She looked up and blinked when she saw Richter staring down at her.

"Yo. We need to go." Richter told her.

As Richter walked away, Fina stretched and yawned. "Man...I don't wanna go. But oh well!" She jumped out of the bed and quickly got ready before running put of the Inn.

Her Boss and Richter were already waiting for her at the entrance of the town. As Fina approached them, her boss began to talk, "Okay good. You're finally awake." He said with a frown at Fina. Fina turned away as he continued on, "We need to get to Fubras Town. We won't be walking this time luckily. We'll be taking a carriage there."

Fina smiled. "Awesome!" She cheered.

Richter gave her a look and scoffed. Their boss just shrugged, "Well anyway, I'll have to meet you two there. There's some business I would like to finished before leaving this place. The carriage is right outside the town."

Richter sighed and turned his back to Fina. "Don't slow me down." He told her before he walked to the carriage.

Fina gave him a glare behind his back as he left. She waited a few seconds before following Richter to the carriage.

It was like a carriage on one of those really old movies, like "Little House on The Prairie." Fina blinked at it, expecting something much more grand. But when she ventured inside the carriage, she realized that the inside wasn't like any old carriage at all. The inside had rich red velvet carpet on the floor, and along the place where Richter and Fina were suppose to be sitting. Large, fluffy purple pillows were on the seat so Fina and Richter could lean against them or something.

Richter was already sitting on the seat, and placing his legs on the empty space so Fina wouldn't sit beside him. Fina just shrugged it off and sat down on the floor. It wasn't wood, so she wasn't going to complain to him. Richter told the man who was driving the carriage to go, and they were off.

It was a bit bumpy for Fina. Apparently this is what it was like to get carriage sick. Fina huddled in the corner as far away from Richter as possible. She brought her knees to her chest and rested her chin on her knees. She tried to ignore the queasy feeling in her stomach as the carriage bounced along the road.

She felt Richter's eyes burning on her like a fire, but she attempted to ignore that as well. But eventually, she had enough of Richter's staring. So she opened her eyes and caught him in the act.

"Do you mind?" She asked him with annoyance in her tone.

Richter shrugged and turned away to look outside from the hole in the carriage behind him. "No. I don't mind." Was his reply as he smirked.

Fina huffed and crossly glared at him. "Well I do. So would you please just get off my back?"

Richter turned to glare at her. "Look, if you don't shut up, I'm going to have you arrested at the next town. You know I can do that because Ryins are in higher class than Noroshi's. So, if I wanted to, I could kill you right now."

Fina shrugged and looked down at the rich velvet carpet. "You can kill me once my mother is well again. After that, then I honestly don't care."

Richter's eyes narrowed at her for a moment. He licked his lips, then went back to staring outside. Fina guessed that he was planning on killing her as soon as they were alone again. But she wasn't going down without a fight. She would have to go to Erocs to have the Score read for her, to see if Richter would be the one responsible for her death.

As she thought about this, the carriage suddenly stopped. Richter flew out of the seat and landed face-first onto the floor. Fina only smacked her head against the wood, but she had to keep herself from laughing at Richter.