A Brand New Start

Months went by as the war raged on. There were times that my family visited. Gaara was the first to visit. He always asked the normal questions. Hows the baby? Are you being treated well? Do you feel safe? He always sent a clone when he couldn't come due to the circumstances. Kankuro and Minaka visited together bringing gifts every once in a while. Temari and Harushi were stationed closest to me so they would bring food. Bee was over with Gaara as the war became deadly. 

Every so often would I get news and updates from the war. None of it good. Turns out "Mandara" was Obito Uchiha, and the real Mandara was the puppeteer to the war. Neji was killed protecting Hinata. Shikamaru's father was also killed during the war. When I was able to leave, I helped the wounded sent back to the safe houses. Rumors were also spreading that Sasuke finally was fighting for the leaf. I find that hard to believe, but until I see him walking the streets again then I will believe it. 

"Lady Amaya!" Aiko stood in the doorway.

I took my eyes of the paper work and looked over in his direction. "Yes?" 

"Lady Tsunade has requested to come check on the baby," he bowed his head slightly as Tsunade appeared. 

I stood up quickly bowing my head. "M-my Lady!"

She laughed, "No need to be so formal Amaya. Just here for the regular check up."

I laid down on the bed lifting my shirt over my stomach. She sat next to me and held her hands out starting the examination. "He seems to be growing just fine. No illness, no damaged organs or bones. A fine healthy child," she smiled.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear. Anything new on the war?"

She shook her head. "I'm afraid not," she paused. I frowned slightly. "Don't worry, this will be over before you know it," she tried to reassure me. 

"Alright."

She got up and placed a hand on my head. "Remember what the third Hokage told you," she turned to look at Aiko. "You know what to do." 

He nodded and threw a kunai at her and the clone turned into smoke. 

I sat up and sighed a little. "How much longer do you think this will go on?"

Aiko shrugged. "Who knows, but remember every one is fighting to protect what matters most. And you being here safe and sound gives your family something to fight for."

Placing my hands over the growing bump made me feel at peace. All a sudden I felt something move inside. Then a thumping started. "A-Aiko come here!"

He looked confused and sat next to me. I placed his hand on my stomach. His eyes widened and a smile came across his face. "Is he kicking?"

I nodded. "The first one!" I became over joyed. Then I realized Gaara wasn't here to feel our baby's first kick. I held my stomach frowning a little. 

"Hey what's wrong?" 

"Gaara isn't here to feel his son moving," I sighed. 

"Don't you have that bond connecting you?" he asked. 

"Yeah but—" I paused then looked at Aiko. "Wait, does that mean he can feel this too?" I became excited. 

"I believe he can," he smiled.  After that things went back to the normal. Every day was different and we started having small little parties to keep the children entertained. 

A week went by with nothing new, and no visitors. Today I was teaching some of the children some lessons involving chakra. 

"Sensei, why are there so many different elements and abilities with chakra?" One of my students Kirito asked.