Chapter 16: Car Ride

We sat in silence on the ride home.

I couldn't look Liam in the eye. I just sat and stared straight ahead at the things passing by us in the car.

I didn't know what to do or say, so I just thought. Thought long and hard about what was going to happen next.

All I knew is that I had made a very big decision. One that would change my entire life.

But I had to do it. The pain of being torn between two guys was too much.

I knew what I had to do to get away from it all.

Liam stopped the car in front of Harry and I's building.

"Thanks" I muttered.

Before I could open the door Liam said, "wait."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to him. Looking at him for the first time since he'd released me from his hug back at his flat.

His dark eyes looked sorry for me. I hated it.

"Look, I really am sorry Felicia." He said sadly.

"Mmm" I mumbled and looked down at the dashboard.

"I hope everything works out for you up there. With Harry, I mean." He said strongly, probably hoping I'd look his way.

I didn't give him the satisfaction.

"Okay, bye Liam." I said.

I turned, opened the car door, and stepped out into the brisk morning.

I walked full speed to the entrance of my building without looking back.

As I entered the warmth spread over me and down to my toes.

I sighed a sigh of relief. Being in that car with Liam was the worst and most painful thing.

But I had something new to worry about, and it was waiting for me upstairs, in the penthouse.