Mum and Dad

Mum and Dad.

Celeste escaped through the window with her father. "You're back. Took you long enough." A familiar voice hit Celeste's ears. There she saw her Uncle Regulus, standing with his arms folded over his chest. "Uncle Reg! Look, it's my dad!" Celeste hugged him happily. "Yes, I know, dear. Now let's go meet your mum, shall we?" The man laughed. "You're quite good with kids Reg. I see Celeste's very fond of you." Sirius patted his younger brother his back. Regulus returned a warm smile.

Sirius walked towards a black car and opened the door, "After you, little Lady." He said in a fancy tone, making his daughter giggle. Sirius and Regulus sat in the front.

"So, you've told Marlene that we're coming, right?" Regulus asked as he turned on the engine of the car.
"Nah, it's a surprise." Sirius winked.

"What!? Are you crazy!? Why did you not tell her!? What if-"

"Blah blah... Whatever. I'm going to surprise my lovely wife."

"Um, so you mean mum doesn't know that I'm coming?" Celeste asked nervously. "Yes, darling, it's a pleasant surprise. Isn't it?" Sirius looked at his nervous daughter. "Are- are you nervous?"

"Of course she's nervous, Sirius! She's never met Marlene before. I knew that I shouldn't have listened to your plan in the first place! I mean, you went into Cece's room like a bloody dog. Fine. I agreed to that. But not telling Marlene about Celeste! This is absurd!" Regulus exhaled, leaving Sirius speechless.

There was a moment of silence before Celeste started again, "Dad... What if she doesn't like me?"

"Why would say that! She's your mum! She loves you!" Both the brothers said in unison.
"Dad you are so much like Uncle Reg!" Sirius laughed. "That's cause we're brothers." "As if she didn't know that." Regulus mumbled.

After few moments, they stopped in front of a house. It wasn't as big as the Grimmauld Place, but looked quite decent. As they got out of the car, Celeste spotted a motorbike, shining in the moonlight. "Wow!!" Celeste squealed. "You like it? It's ours." Sirius smirked.

"Ours?"

"Yeah. Of course. It's mine now, but you can use it whenever you want to." Sirius paused, "But you'll have to be old enough first."

"Really? You never said that to me Siri." Regulus marked. "That's cause you ain't my daughter Reg."

"Sirius, You're back? Is someone there with you?" Three of them got startled when they suddenly heard a woman's voice. "Why did you shake? She's your wife idiot." Regulus muttered.

"Sirius? Is that you-" the front door opened and a beautiful woman appeared before them. Celeste quickly positioned herself between Regulus's tall legs. "It is you. Why didn't you knock? And-" the woman looked at Regulus, "Regulus! What a pleasant surprise! Sirius! Why didn't you tell me that Regulus was coming with you?"

"Mari, the actual pleasant surprise is some else." Sirius smiled sheepishly. "Sirius Black. What did you do-" Regulus gently gripped his niece's hand and pulled her in front of him.
Celeste gulped. Her eyes met a similar pair of brown.

"Coro- Sirius... Is it?" Sirius sincerely nodded. "Merlin! Celeste?" Celeste looked at her nodded nevously before looking back at Regulus. "Go ahead, Cece." Both pairs of brown eyes were wet. "It's me... Mum." Celeste swallowed back a sob. Without another word, Marlene leaned down and hugged the little girl tightly.

"My beautiful baby!" She sobbed. "I'm so sorry! I'm so so so sorry! I wanted to bring you back... But... We couldn't.. I'm so sorry Celeste! I love you so much!"
"I'm here now mum. I..... I love you too." Celeste wiped tears out of her mum's face. "She looks exactly like you Siri." Marlene smiled. "Except for the eyes. She's got your eyes, Mari." Regulus kneeled down next to Celeste.

"I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN MY LIFE!" Sirius cried loudly, startling the three. "I WAITED FOR 12 years!!" He sighed dramatically. "It's 11 actually." Regulus. "11,12,13,14! Oh Reg, it doesn't matter."

"You're not making much sense right now. Come on let's go inside." Celeste happily held her mother's hand and went inside the place she could call home.