The Ride Back Home

The Ride Back Home.

The long-awaited Easter break finally arrived. 

Celeste was excited that she could finally see Jake again and could spend time with him and Draco. Although she was a little hesitant to meet Jake ever since Walburga's story, the anticipation in her heart grew each day. 

Harry and Ron were staying back at Hogwarts for the holidays, so it was just Hermione and Celeste going back to London. The two girls seated themselves in one of the compartments, making themselves comfy. Celeste let out a huge sigh. "You alright?" Hermione asked, concerned. 

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's just so many things happened and it feels like I didn't even get a moment to relax." 

"I know... I hope your holidays are peaceful." 

Celeste smiled at her friend. "Say, Hermione, what all are you gonna do in these holidays?" 
"Me? Well, I'm not sure. I guess I'll just read for the summer semester."

"Do you really have to...? I mean, you already know so much."

"Well, Celeste, nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard. I've learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough..."

"Hmm... I think it'll be more than enough." Celeste smiled. 

"Well... when I was in my muggle school... I couldn't exactly fit in. No matter how hard I tried in classes, it wasn't of any use. Ever since my magic slipped out... Everyone thought that I was weird. And after coming to Hogwarts... people still look at me like I'm different. People like Draco Malfoy call me... mudblood." A tear rolled Hermione's cheek. 

Celeste quickly seated herself next to the brunette, hugging her from the side. "Hey, you're the brightest witch of Hogwarts! You don't need to worry about fitting in! I look up to you a lot 'mione... Don't worry about Draco. I'll make sure to stitch his mouth up if he ever bothers you again! 

The two girls giggled through the rest of the ride, melting away each other's worries.