Quidditch

Quidditch

"Snape's horrible." Ron exclaimed quitely, while they were sitting in the great hall, completing their homework. "Yeah, his hair are slimey and greasy. I reckon that he needs tons of shampoo, if he decides to wash 'em anytime soon." Harry joked. "Well, I'm going to call him professor Snevillus. Suits him, don't you think?" Celeste added, making Ron and Harry laugh. "He's a teacher! You shouldn't be saying that!" Hermione hissed. The the three of them shrugged, and resumed their work.

A boy, Seamus Finnigan, was trying a spell on water. "Eye of the rabbit, harp string hum, turn this water into rum." He peeped inside his glass, but nothing changed so, he continued trying. "What's Seamus trying to do to that glass of water?" Harry asked absent mindedly. "Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday." Ron shrugged.
"Before it blasted. Bet he's gonna blast that water too." Celeste chimed. Just as she finished her sentence, there was a blast, which made Seamus' face black because of a bit of burn. Every one sniggered.

Moments later, numerous owls appeared, carrying letters. "Ah! Mail's here." Ron said. Celeste looked up , searching for the Black family owl, which she couldn't spot. Her heart sank. She was expecting Regulus to write to her about her grandparents' temper and Jake.

"Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!" Seamus said, driving Celeste out of her thoughts. There was red smoke inside the Remembrall. "I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something." Hermione said, making Celeste wonder if there was anything she hadn't read about.

Harry and Ron were discussing about some current news they read from Ron's newspaper. She decided to cheer up and not think about her grandparents. "Quidditch's next. Ever tried it?" She asked gaining both of their attention. "Not really. Have you?" Ron replied. "Yeah, twice when I was a Draco's. I'm rubbish at it, though Draco's really good." Ron didn't seem to like her answer. "What's quidditch?" Harry was utterly confused. "You'll see." Ron simply said, "Come on. We'll go early so we get the good brooms." He continued, packing up his books. Harry and Celeste followed.

Soon, all the Gryffindors and Slytherins stood face to face, brooms on their side. Celeste gave Draco a little wave. Madam Hooch, their quidditch coach began explaining, "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!"

"Up!" Everyone yelled in unison. Harry's broom shot up to his hand. Draco's did the same. He smirked on his accomplishment. Most of the brooms were still flying in mid-air. Hermione was commanding the broom, "Up! Up! Up!" The broom was flying just half a foot above the ground, going in sideways directions. It seemed that the broom was reluctant to fly up to her hand. Celeste finally managed to get hold of her broom. Seeing Harry and Celeste succeed, Ron emphasised, "UP!" The broom shot up and hit him on his face. Harry sniggered at an embarrassed Ron, "Shut up Harry."
Soon, everyone managed to grip their respective brooms.

" Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2..." Madam Hooch's whistle made a phweet sound and everybody slightly pushed themselves off the ground. Neville immediately lifted off the ground, flying quite high.
"Oi Neville! What're you doing? We're not supposed to fly yet!" Dean Thomas, a Gryffindor called out.
"Mr. Longbottom! Get down this instant!" Madam Hooch ordered, but Neville's broom was out of control. "Down! Down! Aaggghh!" Neville cried. His broom swished in all directions which made him hit multiple walls. "Help me! Heelp!"

He zoomed past a statue of an old man, carrying a sharp spear. Neville's cloak tore off against the spear which left him hanging on the statue. Then, his cloak ripped off and he fell with a thump on the ground. Celeste felt sorry for the poor boy. " Everyone out of the way! Come on, get up." Madam Hooch rushed. "Is he alright?" Lavender Brown asked. Neville 'ouched' his response.

" Oh, dear. It's a broken wrist. Tch, tch, tch. Good boy, come on now, up you get. Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr.Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say, Quidditch." Madam Hooch commanded, taking Neville along with him.

Draco picked up the Remembrall which had fallen out Neville's robe. "Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat arse." Draco sniggered.
" Give it here, Malfoy." Harry stepped forward. "Oh no. Not again." Celeste mouthed.

"No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Draco mounted on his broom and flew up."How 'bout up on the roof?What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?" He smirked.

Harry quickly positioned himself on his broom, ready to go before Draco.
" Harry, no! You heard what Madam Hooch said! Besides, you don't even know how to fly." Hermione tried to stop him. Harry ignored her and flew off. "What an idiot." Hermione exclaimed. Soon, the two of them were out of sight.

"Why can you lot not get along?" Celeste whined. "He's Malfoy! What do you expect? He's... You know ..... Malfoys and other families like his, hates everyone who doesn't agree with them." Ron replied. "I'm Celeste Black , Ron. Do I look evil to you?" Celeste emphasised on the Black. "You're a Gryffindor, that's different!" Ron argued. Celeste rolled her eyes.

Just then Harry appeared with Neville's Remembrall in his hand. Every one started cheering for Harry, Draco walked off with Crabbe and Goyle seeing the attention Harry gained. Celeste wanted to follow Draco, but she knew that it won't be very appropriate, given the situation.
"That was bloody brilliant Harry!" Ron said excitedly. Just as everyone asked Harry how he did it, Prof. McGonagall rushed towards them. "Mr. Potter, I want you to follow me."
She said. The cheers had died and Harry followed McGonagall silently.
"Do you think he's getting expelled!?" Hermione asked Ron and Celeste. "I don't think so. Might get a detention but he's brilliant at Quidditch." Ron shrugged. "Draco should get detention too, though. He's the one who started it." Celeste said, Ron was relieved that she wasn't siding Draco for once.