CHAPTER TWELVE

Začať od začiatku

"Are you on something? Did you not notice what the hell just happened?" Stan argued with a harsh tone, putting his hands towards the back of himself as he motioned towards the recent events.

"If thats w-wuh-where IT lives, G-Georgie must be there, too," Bill announced, everyone still looking as if three heads had multiplied onto his body.

I only stood quiet, not glancing upwards as Eddie had finished his 'operation' on my hands. But as I sat with deep thought, I didn't even take another second to hesitate. Abruptly sitting up, my eyes wandered the dim room as I my heart sunk into the pit of my stomach.

Where's Frankenstein?

"Frankie?" I called out to my friend, my throat tightening as I pushed away the thought of not having him here. He's fine, he's fine, he's fine. I know he's here. Pushing my way through the boxes, tears had already rimmed my eyes as they desperately tired pooling down.

With each corner and space unfilled, no sight of my cat had been found. But, with a heavy heart, I didn't stop looking. This time, I didn't stop the tears that fell down, or the quiet sobs that escaped my mouth. I didn't bother to hold anything back.

The one thing I cared with my whole life for had been taken away from me. Franke was no pet, or some stray. He was my family, my best friend. And I managed to lose him again. Turning around, I made my way towards Bill as everyones eyes had glued to me. "I'm going with him."

"Monet-"

"If we're going to end this, than i-it might as well be now. I can't go on living with this damn thing breathing on my neck every five minutes. I'm definitely not letting IT take my weakness this time." I wiped the stray tears from my cheek, heading towards my bike. Bill had clamored onto his bike as well, the both of us peddling our way down his driveway as we distanced ourselves from the Loser's Club.

"He thrusts his fists

Against the p-p-post,

And still insists

He sees the g-guh-ghost!"

...

I COUND'T STOP the fast pacing of my heart as we stood near the living and breathing house. Everything screamed trouble with the houses appearance. Although forcing myself into it was what didn't stop me, I didn't bother to let in the the regrets that sunk in.

Letting my tight grasp on the bikes handle loosen, my urge to get my best friend had coursed through my veins as I looked into the empty basket. I'm going to get you Frankie, you can count on it. With Bill in front, and my weary eyes wandering to him, I felt at ease knowing I was with him.

Walking onto the dingy property, we both had made our way up the broken down porch steps, squeaking with age as we now faced the glassed door. My fingers traced along the layers of band-aids the littered my palms, wishing I was able to hold Franke into my grasp.

"Monet-"

"Bill-"

Both Bill and I chuckled, lightening the dim feeling the house brought onto us. Small moments like this was what got me through the day.