Diary Entry #2

A/N:

This is the last entry in my diary about my miscarriage. Written a week after hearing the devastating news that I had lost my child...

Dear Diary,

This diary was only ever meant to hold my emotions and pregnancy pains for the nine months that my child would be growing inside me. But now, these pages are being filled with the tears and the pain of losing my child after only 14 weeks. What originally started out as a journal of my hopes and dreams, and wonderful future ahead of me with a miracle, is now a journal filled with despair and grief. But I hope, despite this tragedy, I can regain my courage to live on. It has now been a week since my child died and during this time I have tried to capture how I feel but it's hard to do justice to the depth of it. My heart is broken, it cannot and will not ever heal. It will eventually put itself back together, but it will never be the same again. The tears still come every day when i think of you, the pain is constant and it is still hard to believe that it happened and that my child, whoever he or she would have grown up to be, is no longer physically here. He or she will never get that chance to grow, to live a life surronded by people who would have loved him or her. The longing for a lost child is surely one of the hardest challenges life can throw at you.

And it's a challenage that takes almost forever to heal from. A challenage I'm still trying to beat, but it gets harder and harder everyday.