Chapter 22: To the Yo-kai Realm!

Start from the beginning

Nate and Katie tried to think back to that day and they realized that Whisper was right. Lucas had been looking in the general direction of both Whisper and Jibanyan, but it never crossed their minds that he was actually looking at them.

"But what was that place we were in?"

"That would be the Yo-kai Realm. It's where us Yo-kai usually hang around when we're not in the Human Realm. The area you were specifically in leads to the throne of the Yo-kai Realm's leader, which that Mckraken guy seems to be in control of. What happened to Lord Enma that resulted in someone like him taking over?"

"The Great Lord Enma passed on some time ago, zura. He went on to the afterlife, having finished his duties as our leader...but something happened during the preparations for our new leader. I don't know the exact details since I lived in the Human Realm with my family at the time, but all I knew was that the throne had been taken over by a non-family member and that he hated humans and any Yo-kai that believe that humans and Yo-kai could be friends. The problem is that the late Great Lord Enma was a strong believer in that philosophy, which in turn made a lot of Yo-kai firm believers in that philosophy."

"Yo-kai like him caused us to be separated from our family and we haven't been able to contact them since then, so we're not even sure if they're okay or not. They might not even know that we're okay!"

They saw the Koma Brother's fire flare up for a moment, but they managed to calm down after a moment.

"Well, we need to make plans. Whisper, do you know how to get the the Yo-kai Realm?"

"There are many ways to get there, but if someone like Mckraken is in charge, they're most likely closed off."

The group sighed as they finished their breakfast and got up to prepare for a possible Yo-kai invasion.

"Nate! Katie!"

They turned around to see Lucas rushing towards them and he was out of breath when he got to them.

"I've been looking for you guys! I need to talk to you about something!"

"Sure, Lucas. What do you want to talk about?"

Lucas nervously fiddled with the key around his neck as he said,

"Well...I have this secret I've been keeping for a while. You might think I'm crazy, but I have to tell someone."

Lucas sighed softly before he continued.

"I can't remember my childhood at all. It never bothered me at first because it's not like anyone has ever asked about it, but lately...I have been getting weird flashes of what I think are my forgotten memories, but I could never tell, then I started seeing these strange creatures everywhere. Kinda like the four hanging around you two right now."

"Wait, can he actually see us?!"

Lucas jumped at Whisper's voice.

"Gah! He can talk!"

Whisper looked at Lucas's wrists and flew around him before stating,

"Odd, I don't see a Yo-kai Watch or anything that can allow him to see and hear us."

"Wait...is he talking to you two? You can see and hear him too?"

Nate and Katie realized that there was no point in denying it. Lucas can see and hear Yo-kai, just like them.

"Yeah, pretty much."

Lucas mumbled,

"I mean, I did see him hanging around with you whenever we met up, but I never put that much thought into it until now."