"It was easy," Manik told shrugging his shoulders. He didn't know what was the issue but he could feel his palms going sweaty. He was anxious and uncomfortable. Something was stopping him from being normal. Maybe something had changed. He was unsure.

"Nandini and easy..." Daadu laughed out loud and added, "That was a good joke, Malhotra."

Manik looked at Nandini and found her gazing him so intensely.

"Right," Manik gave up and said, "At east most border and that too on other side of fence." He sighed retiring and again got busy with medicines in his hand.

"You are mad," Rishi tapped Nandini's forehead and she growled at him.

"Why this sedative?" Manik asked totally trying to talk to Nandini. she hadn't given him deserved attention till now and that was a matter of concern. He could feel himself growing impatient.

She looked at wrapper clueless and shrugged.

"Wait, I will ask Mrs Singh," He said and ran out of room. Giggles did touch his ears as he walked downstairs.

"I was thinking, Sahiba..." Mrs Murthy was with Mrs Singh in kitchen.

"We would take Nandini to farmhouse...until Madhav calms down," She explained the plan to Mrs Singh.

Manik halted at doorstep as he heard that.

"See, I know you are her mother and think best for her," Mrs Singh started to say but then a very impatient young man walked in with an apparent angry face.

"She will not go anywhere with her. And if you have any problem keeping her here, ma'am, I will take her anywhere else," Manik spoke without being able to keep a check on his temper.

Mrs Singh gaped him while Mrs Murthy walked to him furiously.

"It's because of you, we are in such a situation," She spoke furiously.

"From the day Nandini has got this little crush on you, she has lost her mind," She added.

"I am still not going to let you take her anywhere," Manik replied calmly.

"You are shameless," Mrs Murthy was amused.

"You can now leave," Manik said in controlled voice.

"Manik," Mrs Singh tried to barge in. Manik looked away and Mrs Singh sighed.

"We are leaving, Mom," Rishi called out as he and Daadu walked downstairs.

"I am not leaving my daughter here," Mrs Murthy made it clear.

"Then fight it out with your husband first," Daadu remarked as a matter of fact.

"Instead of blaming innocent people," He added pointing towards Manik.

"No, I am going to take my daughter along," Mrs Murthy was adamant as she walked upstairs.

Daadu sighed while Manik gazed outside the window trying to tame his anger. It was turning cold and dark outside.

"I was never going to let her take Nandini away," Mrs Singh said in slight hurt tone. Manik looked at her and realized how he had talked so rudely to her. She had helped them in every way and that's how he had repaid.

"I am sorry, ma'am," He said lowly and added, "I didn't mean to accuse you."

She nodded and walked upstairs.

"Anger ruins things, cadet," Daadu spared some word of wisdom as he saw Manik taking dives in guilt.

"Apologize to her later, she is a kind woman," He added and Manik nodded.