"Yeah! Jedis are SO much cooler that wizards!" he said with a grin. Mira sat up and raised her eyebrows, shutting the book.

"Oh, you just crossed a line, David Mark."

"Ah! Mira Lam is going to attack me! Send help!" David feigned a fearful tone. Mira laughed, and he tackled her to the ground. She yelped in response but then tried to kick him off. He caught her hands, and then they stayed like that. It seemed that time stopped. Mira gazed into his eyes and felt herself blushing.

"What are we to you?" she whispered. "Just friends?" He shook his head.

"Want to be my girlfriend?" he asked softly. Mira didn't hesitate.

"Took you long enough." She leaned up and kissed him.

January 3, 2004

"Hey babe," David said, closing the front door. Mira looked up from her laptop and then looked back down, fiddling around with her golden bracelet. "You texted me that something was urgent. You ok?" He tugged off his shoes and put down his bag. He pulled over a chair next to her. "Mira?" She kept looking down, especially at the silver band on her ring finger.

"It's...I'm...it was nothing," she stammered, shaking her head. David started rubbing her back.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked gently. "You can tell me anything." She shook her head more.

"N-no. It's fine." He moved closer to her.

"You sure? You don't sound fine," he smiled a bit. Mira couldn't resist his smile.

"Are..." She paused. "Are you sure you want to marry...me?" David nodded.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" He smiled more. "You're the most amazing girl I've ever met. Not to mention the most gorgeous one I've ever met." She laughed a little. "What's wrong?"

"I'm a mutant," she blurted. Mira turned to face him, tears filling her eyes. "I'm a mutant. I'm-I'm different. I've known since I was like a sophomore in high school. I almost killed a bunch of little kids. A-and I know that-that if you know now before we get married then maybe you'll just, you know, leave before something goes wrong and-" He cut her off with a kiss and wiped the tears off of her cheeks. He leaned against her, and their foreheads touched. Mira was still crying. "I didn't want to tell you when we started dating because you'd l-leave. I haven't told anyone. Not even my parents." She looked up. "I'm sorry...you can leave the engagement if you want. I'll just tell my friends that it just didn't work out-"

"I'm not leaving," David interrupted, his voice quiet.

"Y-you aren't?" said Mira, hiccuping slightly from the crying. He nodded and held onto her hands.

"I'm in love with you, Mira," he said. "And you being a mutant doesn't change anything at all. You're still Mira Lam, that sassy Asian who I met in Chem 101." She laughed. "I don't regret proposing. I'm actually kinda proud of that proposal. It took a lot of planning."

"It was pretty good," she admitted. He grinned.

"I love you and that won't ever change."

March 20, 2006

"You look amazing! Damn!" Lia Wang exclaimed. She was one of Mira's closest and best friends and was her Maid of Honor.

Mira turned around a little bit in front of the mirror and took in a deep breath. The white dress glowed on her skin, her black hair fountained down her back, and the lavender flower crown had a translucent veil that would go over her face. She took in another deep breath. It was a bit shaky.

"Thanks, Li," Mira said. She clutched onto the purple flowers. Lia rubbed her shoulder.

"Mira, don't be nervous," she comforted. "You're getting married to David freaking Mark! C'mon!" Lia made some jazz hands, and Mira laughed.

"Yeah." She let out a breath. "I think I'm ready. I'm getting married." She looked in the mirror again. "I'm getting married."

Later that day...

The people cheered as Mira stuffed the red velvet cake into David's face.

"Ha, take that!" she exclaimed, laughing. He pulled her waist and then kissed her, making the crowd laugh also. "Hey! No fair!" She scrunched up her face as the frosting got onto her lips.

"Uh huh," David said, grinned. Someone handed them towels, and they both wiped the cake off. He kissed her again, and the people cheered once more. "Cake for everyone!" The crowd started to file into a line to try some of the three layer cake, some of them congratulating the two. The newly weds walked a little bit away, and Mira giggled.

"You missed a spot," she pointed to the side of his face. He groaned and then brushed off the frosting. Mira let out a content sigh. "This is the best day ever."

"Is that because you got to shove cake into my face?"

"Hells yes."

"I'm so glad I married you, Mrs. Mark," David said with a grin. Mira's heart fluttered a bit. She was Mira Mark now.

It had a nice ring to it.

April 30, 2012

"I'm sorry, excuse me?" Mira said, with a slight raise in her eyebrow. There was three people outside her door who had just requested to come in. Two of them, an African American man and a woman with dark hair, looked very official and the other was more casually dressed.

"May we come in, Mrs. Mark?" the African-American man repeated. He had an eyepatch, and Mira suddenly felt the strong urge to sing the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song.

"Look, I'm not into any like telemarketer stuff that you want to offer, but thanks though!" She started to close the door when the other man held onto the door. He had a leather jacket, sunglasses, and jeans. Mira wondered why he looked so bored.

"We aren't selling anything," the woman said. "If you'll just let us come in, we can explain everything."

Mira had an internal debate. David was at work, so if the three were murderers or drug dealers or something, she would have no one to call for 911. She could hold her ground though, just in case. The bracelet on her wrist glowed. The man with the eyepatch looked down at it, and Mira put her other hand to cover it.

"Alright, sure," she said. She opened the door wider, and the three came into the living room. They sat down on different chairs, and Mira closed the door. She sat down in front of them warily. "If you guys want to kill me or something, I'd suggest against that." The man with the sunglasses laughed and then took off the dark shades. He had bright eyes but a tired-looking face. His hands were calloused as if he did some sport like archery. It could also be that he played guitar.

"We aren't here to kill you, Mrs. Mark," the lady said. "We're here to recruit you." Mira raised another eyebrow.

"For like a kids' summer camp or..."

"For a team," the eyepatched man said.

"What kind of team?" Mira asked. He smiled at her, and she felt that her life would be changed from that very moment.

~

MEMORIESS ALL ALONE IN THE MOOOONLIGHT jk jk

but what do y'all think of david???? :)))))))))