Kennash Drabble 3

Prompt: Bash meets Kennas family during their visit to french court. 

Kenna walked through the hallways of the castle with her morning attire on. It had been a somewhat early morning even though it was late morning by the time she left her bedchambers. Bash had preoccupied her this morning and she wasn't complaining. Their early morning love was her favorite. On those days Kenna didnt get as dressed up as usual because she rushed out quickly on those mornings.

She said hello to the various people in the hallway and made her way to the servants hall to order some breakfast to be delivered to their room. Halfway to the servants hall she heard her name being called. Kenna almost fell backwards at the sight of her mother and father.

"Mother! Father!"

"Hello my darling." Her father said as he pulled her into a hug.

Kenna hugged back as she thought of her husband she had left in bed. He had never met her parents before, she would have to breif him on everything about her parents.

"Why are you here? Its been so long." Kenna asked.   

"Its been so long since we've seen you! And we heard that you are married now and we have to meet our son-in-law. It is such a shame that the wedding was so short notice and we didn't attend it.… you aren't pregnant are you Kenna? Is that why it was so rushed?" Kenna's mother rambled on.

"No mother! Of course not!" Kenna had much worse secrets then if she would have gotten pregnant before she was married. But of course her parents needed to believe that she had been a good girl at court and that her reputation had stayed in tact.

Kenna excused herself from her parents and told them she would meet them in the dining hall for breakfast. She then quickly told the servants to have breakfast ready for four people in dining hall.

Kenna quickly rushed to her bedchambers and when she arrived she found Bash laying in their bed with a sheet covering his lower half. She blushed at the sight of him. Even though she had been involved with the king it still made her feel giddy when she saw her husband like it. She felt happy and excited knowing he was committed to her and only her. He was awake but seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

As she closed the door he noticed her presence.

"Did you come back to devour me again?"

She smirked at him as she sat next to him. "I much as I want to I can't."

"What's wrong?"    

"My parents are here."

Bash sat up in the bed. "Why are they here?"

"I'm not sure of the exact reason because my mother rambled on but one of them was that they wanted to meet you."

"Naturally."

Kenna kissed him and then with difficulty she pulled away.

"Now as much as I love your attire," Kenna said while she gestured to his body. "You need to get ready because they are expecting us for breakfast any minute now."

Once Bash was ready they walked to the dining room. Kenna's parents were there waiting along with the morning meal. Her parents rose when Bash and Kenna walked into the room.

The normal greetings ensued expect for Kenna's mother who pulled Bash into a hug. Bash accepted the hug while he laughed.

The conversation was light and joyful. Yet, Bash had a pit in his stomach. He wanted his in-laws to like him and be proud of their daughters "choice".

Bash and Kenna father chatted about the politics of the castle which they had common views on. Kenna smiled at them as her mother rambled on about how to be a proper wife. Kenna didn't bother listening to her mother because she knew that a "proper" wife wasn't something Bash cared about.

Although Bash and Kenna were both nervous they could agree that breakfast with the in-laws was a mission accomplished.