Our current location right now is the city of <Initio>, located in the neutral country of <Origo>, which is also the starting point for new players like us. He even explained that the game's lore is based on the European legends like King Arthur and other fantasy-based stories from the medieval times with the hint of the Norse and Greek mythology. Yup, definitely sounds like an Isekai story.

"I see. And from what I can guess, we have to protect the world from some kind of a dark lord or evil lizard army of sorts." Yeah, looks like a typical goal for the heroes especially the ones from those VRMMO novels that have the death game element to them. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a twist of some sort.

"Nope, we don't have to do those stuff." Okay, I quickly spoke too soon as I turned around in shock. "Volo does have any dark lords or evil armies to worry about here! In fact, the game has no clear goal at what we will do here!"

I was completely confused right now. Though when Zac and Damon said it's a freeform-style game, I merely thought they were talking about the gameplay. "So if that's true, then that means combat is a just secondary goal in here, correct?"

Kazu nodded as he stood up with his usual big grin on his face. "Well, if you want to level your combat-based <Mastery> in here, then yes. But if we want to enjoy this fantasy world, then we have to train ourselves to do so! That way, we can avoid any strong monster whenever we have to travel from city to city."

"If you can survive with those stupid race and <Mastery>..."

I quickly jumped out of the bench just I turned around and see some several players flanking us from side to side. While most of them are wearing some punk-themed armors and leather clothing, their leader seemed to be very different (and creepy) as he wore red and black armor with the helmet hiding half of his face while his eyes shine through the darkness. Another thing I noticed that unlike his partymates who are part of the <Beastfolk> race, he was <Human> along with a big scar around his right eye and bared his sharp teeth as he grinned. "I mean, what kind of newbies who chose <Archery> and <Insignis> as their respective builds and race?!"

Just hearing this was enough to annoy me as I stared at him. "Excuse me? Is there a problem regarding our characters?" I asked as I gestured Kazu to back away from them. Just looking at them was enough to piss me off just by those baseless remarks.

"Please! Everyone knows that <Archery> is very useless because they don't have auto-shooting or targeting systems along with them, plus the fact you have to use up all of your money just to keep attacking!" I quickly gritted my teeth as I daggered them with my green eyes. I know I didn't choose this skill, but I know my brother made the right decision about it. "And let's not forget your stupid partner's race! I mean, those stats aren't enough to save you from a menacing dragon! Not to mention that they have no bonuses other than those stat bonuses! Just look at my partner here." He quickly points at his <Beastfolk> friend who is also grinning as he carried some kind of hammer around his shoulder. "This guy can turn into a bear just by leveling his <Berserk> mastery. Face it, just give it up and quit the game already! You noobs don't stand a chance anyway."

The punk leader laughs away as he and his 'thugs' left the courtyard. All I can do right now was to growl in anger, especially how many people I overheard after that.

"He's got a point there. I'm glad I chose <Human>."

"Same with me on <Elf> and <Arcana>. It does have some bonuses, unlike that kid's race."

Obviously, the players have to take that punk's opinions. Now that I think about it, I am the only one who only wields bow and arrows and there seems to have no signs of some <Insignis> players around. However, I didn't focus on the crowd for long as I quickly saw Kazu's frown once they left. I knew enough was enough, so I have to drag him away from the crowd so he won't hear of their remarks anymore. Though if I managed to lead him away, he was still frowning from the player's words. "Hey, don't listen to them, Kazu. I know you've made the right choices. Besides, you did chose them so we can enjoy the game together.'"

"R-Really? To be honest, I only chose them since you're more of an outdoorsy person." Yeah, he may be smart for his age, but most of his decisions are based on the descriptions he thought up during his observations to other people. Still, I respect his choices through and through.

"Don't worry about it too much. We're only here to have fun, not to get more levels just to get some bonuses. So don't let those jerks' remarks get over you, okay?" Much to my relief, Kazu slowly smiled just as he gave me a big hug. At least that cheered him up a bit, but I'm still not happy at what that player just said to us. Nevertheless, I pray we won't run into him anytime soon. Right now, I slowly backed him away for a while. "Now, you did say we have to train ourselves first, correct?"

But before I can let him go, Kazu quickly let go of me as he jumped up in joy once more. At least he's feeling much better now. "Yeah! There is a training hall not far away from here. The wiki said that it's a good place to not only train your Combat Mastery up to Level 5, but it's great for you to get a feel of the game. Plus, we can able to train there in a private room for free if you like."

Huh, not a bad place to start. With what happened with those punks from earlier, it would be a good idea on renting one. "That might not be a bad idea. At least it will give me a good excuse on how will I shoot arrows and swing swords. In any case, let's do it. Lead the way, if you please."

"It would be my pleasure, Wind!"

Wind, huh? It might be a little weird for Kazu to call me anything than my real name, but I'll try to live with it. For now, I followed him to where the training hall was. I could use some stretches and exercise to get a feel for this place.