Just workin' out...

I stood by the bedroom door listening for any sounds of movement from inside, ear pressed to the cold solid wood trying not to make a sound. Madison had been in her room in our hotel suite for the last half hour completely crashed out after unexpectedly meeting her five favourite boy band members just a few hours ago. I have to say the whole ordeal had left me feeling slightly overwhelmed too! I mean, don't get me wrong the boys had been lovely! As had their security guys, one of whom had helped me carry mine and Madison's hand luggage to our suite, at Louis' insistence, even after I'd assured him numerous times that I could more than cope with the back pack, 2 shoulder bags and over hyper child who had raced Niall up the stairs from the reception to the elevator, beating him by a good ten steps before they had both fallen on the floor in a fit of laughter. Add that to the fact that not one of them had complained when Madison insisted on having hundreds of pictures with each of them in several different poses just so she could show all her friends back home that she had in fact met One Direction and I would honestly say they were nothing like I thought they would be. Liam and Harry especially coming across very humble, telling Madison that they both still got scared that people wouldn't like their performances when she asked them what it felt like to stand on stage in front of so many people.

When I was satisfied that she wasn't going to wake up any time soon I moved away from the door and walked back down the hall to the open plan living room, picking up my phone, MacBook and black canvas ballet slippers off the coffee table and heading out in to the hallway, wedging the suite door open with an oversized cushion I snagged off the plush cream sofa in the living room. The stretch of hall was dimly lit with modern looking silver uplighters attached to the walls in equal spaces casting a golden yellow glow over the maroon coloured walls and hard wood flooring. It was 10.45pm New York time and there wasn't a single person in the hallway though I could hear several different television programmes playing from the few other suites on this floor, too muffled by the doors and walls between us to make out what they actually were. I sat down in the middle of the hallway on the hard wood floor checking behind me again just to make sure I wasn't going to be in the way of anyone coming past. Placing my MacBook and phone on the floor against the wall I opened up the laptop and started the iTunes app, selecting a playlist entitled '05-03-13' before slipping on my ballet slippers and pulling my hair back in to a messy bun. The music echoed quietly against the floorboards as I stretched out my feet and legs, pointing and flexing, straddling my legs to either side of me and rolling my hips forward, chest to the floor to open them up a little more feeling my feet touch the walls either side of the narrow hallway. I had been dancing since I was 3 years old and it had always been a passion of mine. I was the first in to the dance studio and the last to leave once I was old enough to travel there by myself and I carried that passion on in to my adult life now teaching part time at a dance studio near our 3 storey town house in Primrose Hill. When travelling I always kept my ballet slippers with me folded in the bottom of my bag and I'd take any opportunity I could to dance or even just stretch in the hallways of hotels or a quiet corner of a busy gym. Twisting and turning to the music I was completely lost in my own thoughts, I didn't hear the opening and closing of a door further down the hall or the slow footsteps that approached and then stopped a few feet away from where I turned a double pirouette.

"Wow," I snapped my head to the left to find Harry Styles leaning with his back against the wall, one of his hands stuffed in to the pocket of his black athletic shorts the other rubbing the back of his neck, his eyes were trained on mine.

"Oh..hi. I'm sorry am I in your way?" I asked breathlessly, moving to the side but he made no effort to move past me.

"No, I was just going to the gym. That was beautiful, are you a dancer?" He pushed himself off the wall and took a couple of steps towards me moving his hands to clasp them behind his back. I noticed the way his shorts hung low on his hips, his V lines prominent and disappearing in to the low waistband, and he had little tattoos on his collarbones and chest that peaked out from beneath his oversized muscle tee, not to mention the large collection he had on his left arm. His skin looked perfectly smooth and soft, pulled tight over the muscles he had clearly worked hard to achieve.