Chapter 3 - I forget his name..

I slipped through the glass doors and back out on the pavement walking towards the black people carrier and the blonde haired woman who was still struggling to assemble the buggy and hold her sleeping toddler at the same time. As I got closer I noticed the lilac tones in her wavy hair and couldn't help but think how nice it looked against her tanned complexion.

"Excuse me, sorry I saw you from inside," I said, looking back at the windows that lined the front of the hotel. I could see Madison kneeling up in her seat and watching us through the glass pane. I gave her a small wave before turning back to the blonde haired woman, "looked like you could use a hand." Smiling I indicated towards the buggy and held out my hands for her to pass it to me. She smiled back at me and nodded,

"Thank you so much," She dropped the buggy to floor and sighed in frustration, "I think the buggy got broken on the flight over here. Stupid airlines."

"Oh, well do you need a hand with bags or anything? I know how tricky it can be juggling a baby on your own," she glanced back in to the car and seemed to be weighing up her options before she turned back to me.

"Well.. the guys took most of the bags in already but would you mind just holding her while I grab my laptop and backpack out of the back?" Looking at the sleeping toddler in her arms and then back at her I shrugged and took a step closer, taking the blonde haired little bundle from her and holding her against my chest. She stirred slightly in her sleep, her hair falling in her face as she nuzzled closer in to me and wrapped her arm around my neck obviously not realising that I was not her mother. I shuffled her a little to get a better hold as her mum clambered back in to the car and climbed over the middle section of seats, reaching to one of the back seats and retrieving an acid wash denim backpack and MacBook Air off the seat. Climbing back out she slid the door closed behind her and slipped the backpack over her right shoulder whilst balancing the laptop in her arms.

"Do you want me to help you to your room with her?" I asked, dipping my head to indicate to the little girl snoring quietly in my ear.

"Erm...Are you sure? I can get one of the guys to take her or wait until the other boys get here. You've already been a help,"

"Honestly its no trouble. I'm heading back in anyway, I've left my own little monster waiting inside," I looked back over at the windows where Madison was still kneeling on the sofa watching us. The blonde woman followed where I was looking and smiled, waving at Madison who waved back excitedly.

"She's a cutie," the woman said looking back at me, "I'm Lou by the way." She held out her hand for me to shake, I shuffled the little girl in to my right arm and shook her mums hand before returning her to her original position and wrapping both of my arms around her.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Nikki," smiling I turned sideways and nudged my head towards the hotel entrance, "shall we go in? Seems like this little one could use a bed."

"Yeah, she stayed awake the whole flight and then crashed as soon as we managed to get out of the airport. Just my luck!" We walked up the few steps to the hotel entrance, Lou pushing the door open and holding it for me.

"Where have you flown from?" I asked curiously. Her accent was definitely British but I couldn't place it, somewhere northern I thought.

"London. I'm here for work," turning the corner in the lobby I looked over at the sofa where I had left Madison, she was still staring out of the window as another black people carrier pulled up outside and wasn't paying any attention to the fact that we were stood behind her.

"You must have an amazing job for it to bring you to New York, I love this place." Leaning on the arm of one of the tub chairs I readjusted the sleeping child in my arms.