Chapter 1-The mechanical city of Ronka

"Last night, I had a dream

"Last night, I had a dream. I dreamed I was transported to a grandiose city in the sky"

He woke up at the outskirts of a town, over the humid and green grass. He did not have much recollection of the events that had happened the day before but one thing he was very sure of: that place he had landed on was not of his cognizance. He sat down and checked on the surroundings with only his sight: a deep forest was right behind him and a huge city was right in front of him; a city with a castle on its very heart which dome arose so high as to touch the sky. The breeze was soft and cool and not even the sound of a cricket could be heard. The boy stood up slowly and checked on himself: he was wearing his distinctive and usual red armor and his helmet with the big white onion-shaped decorum was still on his head. He was wielding a sword as well and a pocket knife. He had no injuries but a mild headache.

He, then, noticed he was all alone. The last night he had been staying at an inn along the other orphans, his siblings and comrades, the ones he was traveling with to save the world. For a second, he thought maybe they could be around but after calling out their names out loud, he was sure they were not around. His skin trembled and a cold sensation went down his spine... it was the very first time he was left alone in such a foreign land; before, he had always had the comfort of his siblings. He could not help feeling quite scared; however, he shook off the feeling and decided to walk towards the town he had right in front of him. Since he was chosen to save the world by the crystal, he had convinced himself to be brave no matter what may be waiting for him ahead. He raised his head and walked towards that place.

The ambient was so silent, so very silent

The ambient was so silent, so very silent... only his steps the cracking of grass could be heard. He grew suspicious: he had never been in such a peaceful place before. Such silence only made him restless. He took off his sword and cautiously, he continued at a quite faster pacing. Suddenly, as he had already expected, he heard steps coming right to him. They were originated from the town's path and there were many of them. He, however, did not back off and patiently waited for whatever was to come. He only held his sword on one of his hands and the knife on the other one.

After some minutes, the figures of three powerful warriors could be seen. They were clad in a golden armor and wore silver helmets and furred capes. On their hands, they swung ball-and-chain flails. Maybe they were but protectors of the town, the young boy thought, maybe he could convince them he meant no harm to the city. He decided to put off his weapons and right when the warriors had reached him, he spoke to them: