Baby I'm
Dancing in the dark,
with you between my arms.
Barefoot on the grass,
listening to our favourite song.

When you said you looked a mess,
I whispered underneath my breath,
But you heard it.
Darling you look
Perfect tonight."

Charlie brought the mike down from his mouth for a moment and I saw him take a deep breath. He was still standing in the same place. He smiled at me and I know I looked extremely shocked, but still smiled a small smile at him, before he picked up the next verse.

"Well I found a woman,
Stronger than anyone I know.
She shares my dreams,
I hope that someday,
I'll share her home.

I found a love
To carry more than just my secrets.
To carry love, to carry children
Of our own."

He snuck a wink at me and I laughed, which made him smile while he continued.

"We are still kids
But we're so in love."

He started walking towards me and the screams were literally deafening, but he focused on my shocked and confused face.

"Fighting against all odds.
I know we'll be alright this time."

He stopped directly in front of my chair.

"Darling just hold my hand."

He held out his hand and I hesitated. Oh my god whatdoidowhatdoido-. I cut myself off and just interlocked my fingers with his and smiling softly and shyly, my hair, of course, falling over my face, probably making me look even more shy. He squeezed my hand and smiled back at me.

"Be my boy,
I'll be your man."

I couldn't even think about anything when the fans realized where and why he changed the lyrics. They were screaming so loud that I was sure I went deaf for a bit. Even still, Charlie kept going. Nothing was going to stop him from finishing this performance, apparently. We kept eye contact during it all and, of course, I started to cry at his next words.

"I see my future in your eyes."

A tear slipped down my cheek and I brought my other hand up to wipe it off. As if on cue, the audience awed. Then, on probably an actual cue, all the lights were turned off and a spotlight was put on Charlie and I. He pulled me off my chair and led me to the centre of the stage, wrapping his arm without the microphone in it around my waist and me, figuring it out by now, wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Baby I'm
Dancing in the dark,
With you between my arms."

I relaxed into our embrace, and I could feel him relax as well. Before long, I rested my head on the crook between his neck and shoulder. I couldn't believe it. Here I was, slow dancing on a stage with a spotlight on us, with Charlie Lenehan.

"Barefoot on the grass,
listening to our favourite song.
When I saw you in that dress,
Looking so beautiful."

I giggled on his chest at how the lyrics didn't make sense, and I felt him smile with me.

"I don't deserve this.
Darling you look perfect tonight.
Baby I'm
Dancing in the dark,
with you between my arms.
Barefoot on the grass,
Listening to our favourite song.
I have faith in what I see.
Now I know that I have met an angel in person
And he looks perfect.
No I don't deserve this,
You look perfect
Tonight."