Part VIII

You

I woke up the next day with a heavy feeling in my chest. I didn't know why it was there but it was warm and heavy so actually kind of pleasant. I hid my face under the blanket after I opened the first time. Actually there was no need to do this for my room was dark enough on its own but it was still a habit to snuggle up one last time before getting up. It was like I would charge up some more energy to go through the hours I wasn't lying down. I counted to three in my head before throwing the blanket off me causing all warmth to fade away and I frowned to myself. I just should be stayed in bed a little longer. Being kind of mad at myself I began to climb out of my bed taking some fresh clothing with me on my way to the bathroom. I made myself ready and walked into the living room area seeing I was the only one there. That was surprising. Normally at least one of the boys was in here at this time of the night.

As I walked over to the kitchen corner to make myself something to eat I heard a door open and close. As I turned around I saw a sleepy looking Pete. His eyes were scanning the area before he stretched himself revealing a tattoo on his lower stomach that looked like the symbol on their car. I forced myself to turn around again. "Where are the others?", he asked with a groggy voice while I heard his steps coming closer behind me. I shrugged and finished preparing a simple sandwich for myself. "I don't know, I though in their room?", I answered him truthfully as I took my food walking over to the couch plopping down on it.  Pete shook his head while getting the ingredients for his drink. "No, the car is gone.", he said while looking out of the window behind me. Then his eyes widened and he quickly fumbled his phone out of his pocket. The little device made a small beep as he seemed to turn it on. He nodded at it before putting it on the table. "They're out getting some food. Like for the fridge.", he said going back to preparing his drink. I nodded while taking a bite from my sandwich. I could be figured that out myself honestly if I would've payed attention to me taking basically the last slices of everything.

"Do you have a phone?", Pete then asked me after he finished his drink. I nodded pulling it out of my pocket looking at it. No texts. Who would even text me? I had no close family left. My father? No. He wouldnt. Although I still didn't figure out why he wrote me that message at my birthday. "Give it.", he said walking over to me while sitting down next to me. He grabbed my phone out of my hand and started pressing buttons filling the air with little beeb noises. He hesitated a bit before the last beeb cut through the silence and I saw that he had saved his number. "Message me real quick so I have yours.", he said handing it back to me. "Thanks.", I mumbled writing him a text. "No worries. Just in case something happens or I don't know.", he mumbled giving me a small smile while saving my number now too. I nodded again. Embarrassment boiled up in me as I realised how much I nodded all the time. Pete chuckled lightly. "Didn't I tell you to stop reading my mind?", I argued while punching him lightly. He laughed at me. "But it's so fun. Also I can't switch it off. Just don't think.", he countered while raising both hands in defence. I pouted at him. 'Idiot.', I thought while a smile crept onto my face. Now he was the one pouting. "Arg, come on.", I said laughing. His pout only grew bigger. I would've lied if I would've said it was somewhat adorable. Okay, it was totally adorable. "Do you want me to apologise?", I asked in a fake annoyed tone. He nodded while wiping fake tears of his face. "You're a jerk.", I laughed at his bad acting. "You're mean.", he said turning away from me while crossing his arms over his chest. "Would you all look at that, I offended a vampire. I'm very sorry.", I acted as if there was an audience. "Fucking thank you.", he said turning back towards me with a grin. 

We heard a car pull up in the drive way and turned to look out of the window. The guys were back with a few bags filled with groceries. "Look who's back.", Pete whispered turning back around resting his feet on the table in front of the couch. The door opened and Patrick practically fell inside from carrying too many bags. I got into my own feet quickly taking some of them off him for which he thanked me. I put them all ontop of the kitchen counter before looking inside.