Vilkas x Reader - Becoming part of the family

Magsimula sa umpisa

"He made sure we got inside and then left, something about not wanting to disrupt our family time. I told him he was overreacting, he is part of the family after all." Alesan let me go and picked up the ladle on the kitchen table. "What are we making?"

"We are having bread, butter, and vegetable soup, I'll start the soup and you butter the bread Alesan. Sofia, go and fetch Vilkas, tell him I demand him back here." I smiled, handing her a few coins. "And go and pay for that apple." I winked and she blushed with guilt before running out of the house.

"Now, let's get this started!" I began, starting up the fire pit.

As if Jollop smelt the food, he came bursting through the bedroom door and jumped onto a chair to watch us toss water and veggies into the pot.

"I got him!" Sofia laughed, pulling on Vilkas's armour as he closed the door behind him.

"Nice work, I've finished adding the ingredients, do you want to stir the pot?" I handed her the ladle and she skipped over to the pot, patting Jollop as she stirred the soup.

"What is this about [Y/N], I have to get back to the mead hall soon." Vilkas crossed his arms and gave me a stern look.

"Oh no, you are staying with us here Vil." I smiled, but he didn't budge. I crossed my arms to mimic him. "Oh Mr grumpy pants, join us!" I yanked his arm and noticed a small smile tug at the corner of his lips as he conceded.

I dragged him over to the kitchen and told him to grab some bowls for everyone, Alesan plated up the bread and butter, Sofia disrupted the soup, and I filled a bowl of water for Jollop so he felt included.

"So Vilkas ?" Alesan asked, chewing on a piece of bread.

"Don't talk with your mouth full Alesan." I muttered and finished off my soup.

"Sorry, mama." He swallowed. "Are you going to be our new father?"

I tripped up taking my bowl to the kitchen, Vilkas choked on his soup, and Jollop stepped into his water bowl and put out the fire. Vilkas and I stared at my son. What the heck was going on in his head?

"What?" Alesan innocently questioned. "There's nothing wrong with asking that."

"Yeah!" Sofia joined in. "Vilkas always looks after us, and he teaches us..." Sofia placed her bowl on the table and pulled out her wooden sword. "TO FIGHT!" She yelled, running for Alesan.

"Ah HA!" Alesan pulled out his sword and blocked the attack. "Only a fool is unprepared."

I pinched the bridge of my nose as the kid ran around the unlit living room with the pup on their tails squeaking like mad.

Now I remember the reason I was supposed to be looking for marriage.

After relighting the fire, I took everyone's bowls, except Vilkas's, and began to wash them in the bucket full of water. There was no stopping this from happening, might as well let them tire themselves out.

"Kids." Vilkas bellowed. "Get ready for bed, and take the dog with you, your mum and I will clean up here." I blinked as I watched him usher the kids to their room. "And give me those." He raised an eyebrow at them both and they sank, handing him the wooden swords.

Wow. They never listened to me like that.

"Now get in bed, I'll be in to read you a story soon."

They both perked up again, cheering for a story as they ran to their room, Jollop in tow.

"Come on Jollop! Vilkas is going to tell us a story!" Sofia smiled.