Vilkas x Reader - Becoming part of the family

Okay, so if you're like me then you would have got a house, children, and other useless crap before even thinking of a partner. So here Vilkas is becoming a part of a newly formed family.

Fan art: https://style-xx.deviantart.com/art/Vilkas-274044196

Kids, am I right?

"Jollop!" I yelled, gripping the doorframe for support, as my four-day-old puppy ran out of the house and down into the marketplace of Whiterun.

I'm gonna kill those kids when they get home.

My children, Sofia and Alesan, were never any good at locking the door behind them, so when I showed up in Whiterun for the first time in a month they ran to me and helped me unpack upstairs. 15 minutes later they realised the door was left open and rushed to find our puppy, myself in tow, only I fell down the last step and now had a tiny cut on my ankle.

"Jollop! JoLLOP!" Was all that was heard through Whiterun marketplace up ahead as my kids searched for the puppy.

"Damn kids." I muttered, healing my cut. "Damn dog."

"[Y/N]?" A familiar voice rang through my ears. "Are you looking for this pup?"

Vilkas, oh god I felt my legs buckle beneath me. That man was the reason I was so reluctant to return here. When I first met him he was so... cold. So cold in fact that anyone else should have been offended by the way he acted towards me. But me, no, I was entranced by his charm. Then, when we fort on the training grounds I was so distracted that my first swing completely missed, and Vilkas, god Vilkas, wrapped his arm around my waist and spun me around placing his blade to my throat and whispered in my ear: "Dead. Try again." His face was so close to my own, and I could feel his breath tickling the hairs on my neck.

I could barely concentrate at all, but I managed to take him down. Eventually...

"Are you hurt?" Vilkas asked, puppy scrambling to leave his arms.

I snapped out of my flashback and focused on the Nord before me.

"Yes, though it is healing. Jollop!" I exclaimed, grabbing Jollop from Vilkas and laughing as he licked my face. "Yeah, yeah, I missed you too buddy."

"He's fond of you." Vilkas pointed out. "Even though you haven't been around him all that long he believes you love him."

I looked at him, confusion plastered to my features. That was a weird way of phrasing it.

"Vilkas," I decided to drop the issue. "can I ask one more favour of you? My kids and I are going to have a family meal together for the first time in a while, would it be too much to ask if you could gather them up and bring them inside? I need to make sure this one doesn't escape again." I ruffled the pups head and he licked my hand.

"Sure, what are friends for eh?" He smiled, patting my shoulder and jogging up to the market.

"That was weird." I frowned. "Don't you think so Jollop?" He tried to bark, but squeaked. "Oh you are so cute, let's get you inside."

I had just finished feeding Jollop and setting him down in his bed in the kid's bedroom when the door swung open.

"Mama!" Alesan yelled, running around the fire pit and tackling me in a bone-crushing hug. Well, what would have been bone-crushing if he were older and able to properly crush my upper body.

"Mama, Vilkas said we have to come home for a meal." Sofia smiled, handing me an apple. "And I figured your horse might want one too!"

"That's so thoughtful dear, now where is Vilkas?" I asked, concerned as to who dropped my kids off.