Prologue

Prologue

For many years, scientists have worked diligently to prove that phenomena exists in our everyday lives. They have worked to show the common-folk that neither gods nor the supernatural control our society, but just the intricate system of nature itself. Within such enlightening periods such as the Renaissance, people insisted that they “wake up” from the dream they called “religion” and instead to pursue the fleeting kingdom that was dubbed “Reality”.

But what was reality? In a sense, people started to philosophize that what commoners dubbed “reality” was just a place where everything made sense. That is, wherever scientifically established laws and theories made sense and wherever standards of “acceptable phenomena” occurred was labelled the “reality”.

But have we really looked into what a reality was? The world is in fact made up of a brilliant network of interconnected realities. No two realities are the same, nor do any two realities exist within one another. They are separated, linked only by name and scenario.

The geniuses that created the universe ensured this. Held together by the link they called the Infinium, they ensured that Balance was to be maintained among the multiple realities and that Order would make sure they would never combine. If different realities did combine, disaster and chaos would break loose, and all would be lost.

Reader, you may be confused. You see, what I call a reality, you may label as a dimension or a separate plane of existence. Depending on a course of action you (or a group of people) take, this plane enters a new reality and the reality you were originally in continues on with its path to destruction, construction, or limbo. You and I would never know. As I write these words, my reality changes. There is no way to go but forward, and the Balance and Order established by the Infinium assures this.

We see in ancient literature stories of dragons and trolls that cast magic upon humankind and kill off many commoners and travelers that accidentally cross the same path as they. We also see heroes with insane amounts of strength, intelligence, and bravery that combat such creatures. But have we ever seen such conflicts with our naked eyes?

At first, reader, you may answer no. That is because the reality you have travelled ensures that you don’t see such phenomena. The reality you exist in establishes that such occurrences are pure rubbish and must not exist in order to not stir the destined Order and Balance of the reality.

“But the UFOs! The aliens!” you may argue. This is the case of a Rift. You may have seen the occurrences of those that are found not socially acceptable or scientifically proven. Researchers have either made up theories to hide the fact that those do not belong in the reality, or simply hid them from public eye. Take the Higgs-Boson particle, for example. An originally non-explainable object later taken into public awareness and undergoing projects to establish the well-known large hadron collider (LHC) shows to just what lengths humans will take to preserve what they call “their own reality”.

Now at this point, you may be curious. What does it take to break such reality? What does it take to stir Imbalance and Disorder to destroy all the Infinium have established to make humankind and the supernatural blossom under multiple realities?

Apparently not much. I, Senior Yttrinia Von Heisen, as the leader and founder of the Red Legion, Head of Research, have discovered the method to trespassing into these breakpoints we labelled Rifts. By absorbing the essence of the powers that are bestowed upon select special individuals of our society, we are able to discover this hidden link of Disorder and Order.

We call this the Rift Crystal. A gravity-defying crystal that holds the soul and spirit of a random selected supernatural individual who bears the power of Disorder and the crest of Order. With its power, it may transport one (or multiple) being(s) to another dimension. Just by transporting that single being, however, an amount of Imbalance equivalent to the power of the supernatural is released into the universe and deposited elsewhere.

Where it goes, we do not know, nor do we really need to invest the time and effort to find out. This is revolutionary information. Right now, there may be an official from the Red Legion’s Black Order (under which we send our reconnaissance agents bearing such crystals) sniffing around under your nose. We may already know you, by the information we have collected in our database.

We may already know what dimension you exist in, what year, what day, and what world. We may already know your name, where you live, and what powers you may secretly possess. But most of all, we will know just what tools we need to disrupt the Balance and Order of your beloved society. This is the power of the Red Legion. This is the power of the Von Heisens.

Do not fear us. While we may appear as mercenaries or suspicious scientists working under a vain or difficult cause, we only seek to unite our dimensions and universes as one.

What is Balance and Order with segregation? Everything is under the power of all, and under the supervision of one, everything can be made to happen. This is what it means to be controlling and dominant.

This is what it means to reign supreme.

Under the crest of the Von Heisen name, I call out to all those interested in our cause. All for one, and one for all; may we serve in unity till we fall.

-  Yttrinia Von Heisen,

Head of the Red Legion

Supernatural Research and Development Division